Startin

M

murdoua

Hi all, im going to get myself my first AB set. I would like to start with basic learning later T-shirts( only for my own , so no need for tank feed).
Im considering this compressor :AS 189 compressor
and i cant decide which AB pistol to start with. Im considering IWATA HP-CS and HS Infinity 2 in 1,
i like the 2 in 1 in same price as iwata, but i have no idea whats the difference in quality, and which one is more useful for me.. later , i wanna use solvent based colors.
I wanna ask , is that compressor good enough, and which one of these brushes should i get and why? or pls recommend other if its not good

p.s. sorry for my english

Welcome from Holland to the forum. Be very careful with buying compressors; the market is flooded with Chinese goods, many of which aren't really top quality to put it nicely. Take a peek at this guy's experience for example. The airbrush guns you mentioned are both of good quality. You can use small and larger nozzle in both, take a peek here. This is a very useful feature because it allows you to spray fine detail as well as larger areas. In addition Iwata parts are usually more expensive than other brands. The tiny Iwata nozzles are very fragile while (for which you need a tiny spanner) the self-centering H&S nozzles (no tools needed to replace or clean) are more rugged and capable of taking more abuse.

Hi and thanks a lot ignis. since it can do the same job.. sounds like Infinity will be my choice. i was kinda scared to buy anything else then Iwata...i didnt knew if its only fan thing,or it is only good brand in the world :) Many ppl talks sweet about them and not much to read about the others. The compressor (the good-2nd one) in the video u linked looks very same as the one i wanna buy...its 120€ at my dealer. Is there anything else important to pay attention to about my first AB set?

Get some good paints. If you plan to spray on paper or canvas, Com-Art is a good paint. It has finer pigments than Createx for instance and will handle much better. And make sure your dealer gives you a guarantee for the compressor. The Infinity is an excellent gun, versatile with various nozzle sizes and has a tall trigger (which will greatly improve control). Also H&S sell a small reamer to (carefully) clean up the inside of a nozzle to remove stubborn paint residues - a handy tool.

ooops, i made a mistake, i was reading tech specs. of Infinity CR+ and package of 2 in 1 :) 2 in 1 doesnt have all gaskets from teflon (PTFE). Do u thnik it will be a problem later if i start to use Solvent based paints for T shirts?

I will check that comp guarantee but in my country is 2years of guarantee for all products ..based on law

Hello and welcome home,.
Iwata or the 2 in 1 are both great brushes, So either one will make for a great starter and work well as you advance your skills,.
As far as compressor , Go with a tank. Why the tankless compressors build more heat which in turns makes more moisture that most traps can catch, Even on of the small pancake compressor will work better than the tankless,
The hard plastic line that comes with the tankless acts as your tank, While it will pump up to 40 PSI once you hit the trigger (air on) it will drop and pretty mush stay at 20 to 25 psi.
This will cause you frustration which may lead you to giving up. Textile paints like Createx are thicker and a lot of t-shirt artist run about 50 to 60 psi. But most of them use little to no reduction.
But remember to practice the dots , dagger strokes and fade/blends before you jump into art , Knowing the basics is the key to making great artwork .

Yes, if you're going to spray solvent based paint you will need teflon packing screws. The solvents will eat up the rubber seals.

ooops, i made a mistake, i was reading tech specs. of Infinity CR+ and package of 2 in 1 :) 2 in 1 doesnt have all gaskets from teflon (PTFE). Do u thnik it will be a problem later if i start to use Solvent based paints for T shirts?

I will check that comp guarantee but in my country is 2years of guarantee for all products ..based on law
Why would you use solvent based paint on a t-shirt,,,??? they are not designed for textile and you have to have a spray booth to filter out the ISO's , plus a spray mask to protect your lungs and health. Safety first. But Textile paints are designed for T-shirts , You will have to heat set the paint with either a hand iron or a t-shirt press.

my mistake, i thought the Tshirt paints like Wicked are solvent based..that compresor has 3L tank
POWER : 220-240 V / 50 Hz
: 0,123 kW
Noise : 53 dB / 1 m
Air per minute: 20 - 23 L
Weight : 5,15 kg
Dimensions : 31,5 x 31,5 x 14,2 cm
Connection : G1/8"

cant post a link but if u google AS 189 u should find it, sumwhere its called Fengda, in my country its sold as Orlik

Mni Compressor AS-189,View airbrush compressor,FENGDA Product Details from Fenghua Bida Machinery Manufacture Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com
This should make you a good one.
All Createx products at water based, Createx , Wicked are deigned to paint textiles Wicked can paint on almost any surface. Auto air is designed for automotive but seems to hold up pretty well on T-shirts,
But having the teflon needle bearing in the airbrush from the beginning helps because one day you maybe ask to paint with urethane paints.

ic...now i get it :) i didnt translated it right :)

Please , what is that screw on the back side of brush for?
CR dont have any
CS have one in the middle
HP-A have both
i mean that at the end, coz 2in1 has it but CS(which im still also considering) dont has it

Don't know if these are available where you live, but I've had good experience with Lukas Illu-Color for spraying on T-shirts. The paint has very fine pigments (excellent for airbrushing fine detail), is color fast and can take a pounding from the laundry machine when used in combination with textile additive.

ic...now i get it :) i didnt translated it right :)

Please , what is that screw on the back side of brush for?
CR dont have any
CS have one in the middle
HP-A have both
i mean that at the end, coz 2in1 has it but CS(which im still also considering) dont has it
I think you are talking about the needle stop, That allows you to set the needle to that is as far as you can pull back the trigger,
The slot cut into the handle shows the needle chuck nut, which hold the needle in place while in use.

i see,thank you all people,im gonna think about it and order some set,hope it will be ok :) im pretty excited, its like 8years since last time i painted with cans, and this could be much better technique...and cops-free too

i see,thank you all people,im gonna think about it and order some set,hope it will be ok :) im pretty excited, its like 8years since last time i painted with cans, and this could be much better technique...and cops-free too

Post up some of those Tagger works of art you have done. I love to see artistic tagging. Some very inspiring work and painted in such short time periods .

i should have a few photos of trains at home, maybe there will be sum tags too :) will check out and post sum of them, but dont laught at me, i was like 13-15 i dunno...i always more enjoyed adrenalin pumped action of it then artistic side...time to swap these two sides with airbrush :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i should have a few photos of trains at home, maybe there will be sum tags too :) will check out and post sum of them, but dont laught at me, i was like 13-15 i dunno...i always more enjoyed adrenalin pumped action of it then artistic side...time to swap this two sides with airbrush :)

You still get the adrenalin rush with airbrush the more you get to know it and the different tricks you use.

Im just ordering stuff, is HP-C+ 0,3 mm good for beginer like me? I know its higher class then the others i mentioned before, but i dunno if its not "too good" for beginner?

Its a great beginner brush, it does background work and very good details, i highly recommend it.

Awesome brush would be great for a beginner and will be great when you have years with it have had mine for about 10 years

John

"Be good or be good at it"

Back