Starting all over again

F

ferret

Well i picked up the AB for the first time since op etc on my arm and tendons and i am just like a complete newbie all over again with no control what so ever . So i will be doing all the tutorials over again lol .So anyone who has had any ops on their AB hand arm etc have any recommendations that may assist in me getting back what i have lost would be most appreciated .ATM i can do 5 mins tops before a lot of pain sets in .Thanx in advance for any tips and tricks .

Well i picked up the AB for the first time since op etc on my arm and tendons and i am just like a complete newbie all over again with no control what so ever . So i will be doing all the tutorials over again lol .So anyone who has had any ops on their AB hand arm etc have any recommendations that may assist in me getting back what i have lost would be most appreciated .ATM i can do 5 mins tops before a lot of pain sets in .Thanx in advance for any tips and tricks .

I wondered where you'd disappeared to, Good to see you back again.

I'm in no position to teach you anything about airbrushing, but I think your biggest hurdle at the moment is to get your strength and control back, I've never had such an operation, but I'm constantly plagued with lung infections which leaves me weak even after the infection is cured, as I understand it, as well as the pain you'll be experiencing a little shakiness as you try to work.

The best advice I can give you, and it works for me, is to devise some control exercises or physiotherapy if you will, I move my arms up and down and rotate my wrists, this promotes muscle strength, and I also bought a set of those leather juggling balls which I squeeze in my hands to further help strengthen my finger muscles, If you try this, you'll obviously still get tired, but you'll manage a little more each time you do it, I usually do it while watching television to relieve the boredom, since the road to recovery is not the smoothest road.

I wish I could give you more than this, but it's a start at least, and I'm sure the rest of the guys will chip in.

You need Time and patience and learn to recognize small improvements :) it will take time to regain the strength and control and you'll need patience to accept it won't happen overnight but it will happen.
I'm glad to hear your back on track, recovering from anything health wise is never fun, but we will help you smile if we can. You may even find you can help coach us newbs with your new found wisdoms and what you re-learn along the way.
Chin up ferret, the road may seem long and endless but we will be there with you :)

Well thanx all ,yes im on the physio day in and out but gotta do it . I have tried today with the left hand lol worth a try .It will just take time and patience but i hope to be back on track by xmas .

Not sure which finger(s) cause(s) you trouble, but perhaps it is an option to try operating the trigger with the thumb. I did this when doing airbrush demonstrations for 8 - 10 hours per day, several days in a row. Best of luck with your recovery.

Last edited:
Back