starting kit?

steveo017

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hey guys and gals.

I have decided to spend some money and buy some better equipment...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

so i need some advice about the better kit that i was looking at getting. This is what i was looking at:http://www.graphicair.co.uk/products/Iwata-Eclipse-CS-Airbrush.html
http://www.graphicair.co.uk/products/Bambi-BB15V-Silent-Compressor.html

or should i get these with that compressor?
Neo for Iwata BCN siphon feed airbrush
Neo for Iwata CN gravity feed airbrush

Is this stuff any good for a propper beginner like me?
any help would be great:)

Even though I don't have one ide say go with the eclipse, it has great reviews all over the world and I have never heard any complaints over it, the compressor is ace although a bit pricey.

I have had the Neo gravity feed and never had a problem with it but it can be a bit hit and miss as well the parts are just as dear as for the eclipse, if you haven't yet ordered and quick colour changes are in you future maybe you would like to consider the side feed version, you can buy extra cups for it and I believe the cheaper aztec cups fit it.

Extra little point, the eclipse is supposidly one of the easiest brushes to clean.

thanks for that Madbrush, i know the compressor is a bit pricey but it is silent and thats what i need as my neighbour is 1 for moaning about everything, so a bit more to pay for less headache from her is well worth it. lol

Imight just get the airbrush and see how it goes first before i spend the money on that bambi then, as this 1 is not too noisey.
This is the compressor i have now:http://www.amazon.co.uk/FoxHunter-KMS-Airbrush-Compressor-Airbrushes/dp/B004XP7K9W.

Last edited:
thanks for that Madbrush, i know the compressor is a bit pricey but it is silent and thats what i need as my neighbour is 1 for moaning about everything, so a bit more to pay for less headache from her is well worth it. lol

Imight just get the airbrush and see how it goes first before i spend the money on that bambi then, as this 1 is not too noisey.
This is the compressor i have now:http://www.amazon.co.uk/FoxHunter-KMS-Airbrush-Compressor-Airbrushes/dp/B004XP7K9W.

I wasn't saying you shouldn't get the compressor, I just pointed out that it is pricey, but if you can afford it I would say definitely get it, it will be all you could need unless you want to cover whole cars in jig time, it's a great compressor and you will certainly have no abuse from your neighbour unless she already is complaining about your fridge lol

The little compressor in your link is fine for minor stuff but a few slightly bigger jobs could overwork it, so it's not the best choice, I have one but at the time I got it it was all I could afford, when it gives up the ghost which it will I'll get something like your Bambi but hopefully with a discount at least, but it is worth every penny even without a discount.

So stick with your two original choices, they are both wise ones;)

IF you are willing to fork out the money I will suggest the Eclipse. Neos are not "true" Iwatas.

The compressor is pricey, but they are well made, and looked and maintained after will last forever, so it's a long term investment. Over the years it works out a good buy, but a bit of a ouch to the wallet all at once :(

I think the eclipse hp-cs is the perfect brush for you (I am biased though as I love them :) ) If I remember rightly you want to paint shirts as well as regular art, and this brush is so versatile it's ideal for multiple surfaces, is super reliable, with quality hard wearing parts. It has a spray pattern of 2 inch for larger areas, and once you get to know it, will do really fine hairline detail too. It has a .35 nozzle, so is between a detail and large area brush, but is more forgiving of paint mixtures than a dedicated detail brush. It's great for beginners as it's easy to clean and maintain (less fiddly pieces), and is great to learn on, but with it's capability for detail, isn't something you will grow out of (not to say you won't want another brush, many turn into collectors - you know who you are.). I find it very comfy to hold (which is personal preference,) but I find the cup isn't too close to the trigger, and I like the weight of it, it feels substancial, but not too heavy. You can get a .5 needle and nozzle set for it too if you feel you need it.

Just my opinion, we all have our favourites, but I used one as my only brush for almost three years for painting everything from leather jackets, caps, shoes, art and automotive, and still use it now in addition to my micron. I can't see myself ever not having one. I think it's well worth the money. I recommend it a lot, and to my knowledge have never known anyone to regret getting one.

That bambi is a similar type to what I use, Jun-Air, they are super quiet,very reliable and the bambi is reasonable on parts if you ever needed them. Bambi comp come up occasionally on eBay and are definately worth considering as a second Hand option as very little goes wrong with them.

Thanks for the advice guys, looks like i will be doing a bit of overtime for a bit then i will be getting parcels in the post...:D:D

Thanks for the advice guys, looks like i will be doing a bit of overtime for a bit then i will be getting parcels in the post...:D:D

We will require photos when it comes, it's always fun to see new stuff as well as happy members;)

Back