Steampunk color question

H

HOKking

Can someone tell me what colors are used on Craig Frasers steampunk pictures or almost every steampunk picture. I thought it might be the House of Kolor root beer but I am not sure. I am looking for the bronze and brown look. If anyone knows let me know thanx.

Can't say I know what colors Craig uses and not being silly here but how bout just buying some metallics? Silvers, Platinums, Bronzes, Coppers, Golds, Whites and some trans browns or rootbeer as mentioned to tint the prior metallics would look pretty cool for Steampunk'd styled work...

Hi HOKking, i have the Craig Fraiser Steampunk video here that i got from Coast Airbrush. For his wood grain he used White pagan gold and rootbeer 1st, and it looked mostly white.
Then he covered this layer with a mixture of Rootbeer Tangerine a little bit ofPagan Gold and little bit of black, it was a pretty dark brown reddish looking color. Then for his background layer
that is supposed to be brass looking he used HOK Pagan gold. And the color for his Gears and all the other stencils he used a color mixture of Rootber Tangerine and Black, and this color
was more on the darker brown side. Guess you have to play around abit with the mixing ratios, but since you know what colors to use it should work. Oh and all the colors he used were
from House of Color.
Hope this helps you

Cool. Thanx a lot for the replies. I just ordered some rootbeer kandy because I figured that is what he used. I think I have all the other colors like the pagan gold and tangerine. Thanx again.

Stranger375 how is that video of Craig Fraser? Is it worth buying?

I think its a pretty good video if you wanna try out that steampunk like Craig does it. He explains it all pretty good, also the use of the stencils and all.
And its also not boring at all to watch like some other videos were that i also watched lately, and overall playtime is over 2 hours.
So all in all i would say, yes its worth it.

I have in mind doing a screen shot from the title credits of the tv sci-fi show "Sanctuary" not the people picture but the steampunk/victorian looking part so I am looking at a Brass type of colour.
This Rootbeer, is it an actual paint or a colour like the drink please?

I have in mind doing a screen shot from the title credits of the tv sci-fi show "Sanctuary" not the people picture but the steampunk/victorian looking part so I am looking at a Brass type of colour.
This Rootbeer, is it an actual paint or a colour like the drink please?

Rootbeer is a brown and depending on how you use it is how dark it can appear. For a brass tone it would be a cross between the pagan gold and tangerine . sort of a yellow orange.

Back