"sticky trigger" and air valve problem

redcore

Gravity Guru
hey guys..i have micron c+ and the issue i have is that after some time while airbrushing the trigger "gets sticky" - when i push the trigger down, it comes up very slowly (like 2 sec).

i have replaced original one with the "extended" one - basically its made from 2 cylinders - bottom part is attached (on hinge) to top part. the bottom part is inside of the valve.

i always clean the entire gun after each airbrushing and i am 100% sure that there is no paint inside of the valve left. i haven't took the valve apart yet - i don't even know if it's possible.

has any of you came across with such a problem?
thanks in advance.
rob

hey donna! thank you for your answer...
well i have a lube and i used it. this was actually the very first thing i did....the problem still persist. when i start using the gun, all works well..but after like an hour the trigger starts to get "sticky"

by the way i have seen new iwata custom micron v2 on your fb page..is that trigger compatible with custom micron c+ v1 (the one i have)?

If you take the bottom part off (the part with the little thingie sticking out that the trigger pushes on) you'll see 2 little holes. With a tweazer you can open that and find the spring thet regulates the air pressure. Check if that is all still clean.

Check if the rubberring you see if on the inside of the gun when you took the bottom part off is still corectly in place and in good condition.

Also when using lube be sure to regulary clean the parts where you applied it. After a while (especialy in hot weather) it dries and does the opposite of what it's suposed to doe

hey donna! thank you for your answer...
well i have a lube and i used it. this was actually the very first thing i did....the problem still persist. when i start using the gun, all works well..but after like an hour the trigger starts to get "sticky"

by the way i have seen new iwata custom micron v2 on your fb page..is that trigger compatible with custom micron c+ v1 (the one i have)?

The "square profile trigger" on the "v2" iwata brushes are not compatible with v1 brushes there is an "optional" tall trigger for them part number " I 545 3"

When your lubing the trigger you just need a tiny drop of super lube and the trigger shouldn't need it on every "clean"

Actually This is a common problem caused by the lube, I wouldn't suggest to apply any Iwata lube on the valve. First of all, clean the valve piston and the valve stick very well, I usually do with some kind of white petrol or a degreaser to be sure there are no residues of lube or any sticky agent anymore, clean also the valve canal. It should do the job. If you want to keep it lubricated you can apply a little bit of Glycerine (any pharmacy got it) only on the little piston. Don't apply any lube on the valve anymore, else you will have to face the same problems over and over. Hope it helps

just to throw another product in the mix, what about silicone spray, its alot thinner than glycerin, would this work around the air valve piston???, obviously you wouldnt want to use for anything paint may come in contact with as it will contaminate the paint , but further back in the brush shouldnt be a problem.... we use silicone spray to lube rollers and stuff in the workshop, carfull getting it on the floor though..... very shiney.....very slippery.

i think silicone spray is normally used on pistons and stuff where steel meets steel

I'd be weary of silicone spray, especially if it's wd40. Silicone/Teflon maybe. Normal silicone spray is corrosive to rubber such as o rings. I personally use 3 in 1 oil. I don't drop it in the body, but I dip the tip of the trigger in it then drop the piece in the body. This keeps you from over oiling it which is the main cause of them gumming up after some use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Also we don't use silicone spray in motor assembly. We use the same motor oil that the motor uses to lube the cylinder walls and install the pistons. Other parts like the rockers and valves will get an assembly lube or machine oil depending on the part. Most, not all silicone sprays are flammable and would cause pre detonation. Also silicone sprays waterproof the object so a waterproof film on cylinder walls would be catastrophic to operation.

uploadfromtaptalk1403521099328.jpgthis assembly lube rocks, it's thick enough that it stays wherever you add a drop of it and it's extremely slick. Alright I digress from oils and motor building which I do for a living lol. Back to airbrushing

Back