sudden course spray

Mark Milburn

Triple Actioner
Good Day.

My search capabilities are still lacking. While doing a grey scale portrait, I am sometimes getting a real course spray as opposed to a smooth laydown of the paint. I am using my Iwata CM-B .23, black illustration pain, 4012 reducer and occasionally, some transparent base. I constantly look out for any evidence of my brush being dirty and/or tip dry! I have been running a pretty constant 26 lbs pressure, but can't figure out the cause, or the likely cause!

Mark
Murrieta, Ca.

I'm in southern Ca. Highs have been around 68 lately! Eat your hearts out! Thank you for the comments. I will keep an eye out for when it happens and report! I will be putting another portrait attempt up in a few days. I will say that thanks to just a few weeks on the forum, I am getting quite a bit better, quickly! I'm feeling pretty good about my progress. I will add some pics soon!

Thanks to all

Mark
Murrieta, Ca.

I'm in southern Ca. Highs have been around 68 lately! Eat your hearts out! Thank you for the comments. I will keep an eye out for when it happens and report! I will be putting another portrait attempt up in a few days. I will say that thanks to just a few weeks on the forum, I am getting quite a bit better, quickly! I'm feeling pretty good about my progress. I will add some pics soon!

Thanks to all

Mark
Murrieta, Ca.
You can try test spray on a piece of paper just to see the difference. Spraying from close and far away with the same paint which you reduced. So you don't thinker about this when you are doing portrait.

yep, I hate winter...

Back