Suggestion?

What do you plan on painting with it? Regular Createx is basically only good for T-Shirt painting...In my opinion.

Look to see if they have the set in WICKED made by createx but can paint any surface.
Stand createx is design for textile and is not color fast..fading is bad:D

I would go with set 2 , you get a little more colors which is always good.

Yeah went ahead with the second one and bought some adhesive tape as well.

Now have to explain to the wife why I need to spend all this money on paint, courses, materials. :uncomfortableness:

Yeah went ahead with the second one and bought some adhesive tape as well.

Now have to explain to the wife why I need to spend all this money on paint, courses, materials. :uncomfortableness:

I guess we should start a thread on creating separate bank accounts, it seems to work for me. :)

Get Wicked, I use it on everything from bikes, to canvas and board t-shirts and leather. As you use way more reducer to paint, you will need more reducer than comes with the set, but it will do to start with. I think the W500 reducer is better than the W100. I use opaque red, black and white, but detail colours. I just think it's good combo. Put a marble or ball bearing etc in the bottle if it does't come with one, and use panty hose to filter and will pain like a dream. I love the stuff!

Thanks for the advice. Something else I need to explain to the wife, why I'm raiding her underwear draw. lol

The megawarehouse are quick. Only ordered the paints and application tape yesterday and got it today!!

So gave the paint a try tonight and I might be getting it wrong. On the reducer it says to reduce 30%. Put in 10 drops of black and 3 drops of reducer is that correct?? Or is it for every 1 drop of black 3 drops if reducer? Should I have put 30 drops in?
If thats the case I've just learnt how much paint I don't need lol.

So gave the paint a try tonight and I might be getting it wrong. On the reducer it says to reduce 30%. Put in 10 drops of black and 3 drops of reducer is that correct?? Or is it for every 1 drop of black 3 drops if reducer? Should I have put 30 drops in?
If thats the case I've just learnt how much paint I don't need lol.

I forgot what paint ya bought, but thats wrong lol. Sounds like 1 black, 3 reducer?

There is a thread somewhere that talks about ratios. I just wish to correct both of you at the risk of starting a new debate, so here goes.

When it says reduce 30% I would assume it is 30% paint and 70% reducer, which would be 3 drops of paint for 7 drops of reducer or 1 drop of paint for 2 1/3 drop of reducer. 1 drop of paint for 3 drops of reducer gives 25% paint to 75% reducer (100%/4drops=25% (1 drop of paint * 25% = 25%, 3 drops reducer * 25%=75%)).

On the other hand this is not an exact science, a lot of factors goes into paint reduction there is not much difference between 25% and 30% and is probably not even worth mentioning at all (even if I just did :)) and even if it says to reduce to 30% on the reducer bottle it is a suggestion, and might not even be what you need depending on needle and tip size of airbrush, working PSI, temperature, humidity and paint to name a few.

Its just a matter of trial and error to find just the right reduction for your needs (if you get it to the consistency of skim milk it should shoot well).

Hope it helps :)

I bought wicked paint and came with 100 reducer (something like that). On the bottle it says to reduce by 30% for .35 needle working at 30psi. I've obviously got the ration backwards because I was getting alot of dry tip. Practising dagger strokes and the paint wouldn't come out until half way through the stroke. So have learnt I don't need 10 drops of paint now lol.

Someone previously did say I will need alot more reducer than what came with my package and now I see why.

I bought wicked paint and came with 100 reducer (something like that). On the bottle it says to reduce by 30% for .35 needle working at 30psi. I've obviously got the ration backwards because I was getting alot of dry tip. Practising dagger strokes and the paint wouldn't come out until half way through the stroke. So have learnt I don't need 10 drops of paint now lol.

Someone previously did say I will need alot more reducer than what came with my package and now I see why.

I bought 16oz bottles of the 4011 and 4012. I use much more reducer than paint. I am usually 10:1 or more, except for my opaque base layers.
Recommendations don't really mean anything, it depends on what you are painting, how subtle things have to be, PSI, Nozzle size, Brand/Model of Airbrush, etc.

Whenever I order from megastore I always add 2 larger bottles of reducer, I figure it won't go to waste and I'm paying postage anyhow so why not make it worth while

Back