surface choice

I

Inkster

hey guys i am curious to what materials you prefer to use for your paintings
i see alot being framed and wonder what it was painted on as atm i only really use aluminium composite

I generally like my metal these days but when doing canvas/hung work I like to use smooth pressed water color sheets of about 300 gm weight..If doing demo stuff, pretty much what evers laying around that's cheap, generally just poster board..

I practiced on paper, and went right into plastic, metal, helmets....but then, I paint golf cart bodies, mopeds, motorcycles, u name it, I will paint on it lol

I generally like my metal these days but when doing canvas/hung work I like to use smooth pressed water color sheets of about 300 gm weight..If doing demo stuff, pretty much what evers laying around that's cheap, generally just poster board..

would something like this be good for the paper
Daler Rowney Aquafine Watercolour Smooth Hot Press Pads In Sizes A3 & A4 | eBay

i wanna try new surfaces but dont wanna spend money on crap lol

poster board is jus foam board / illustration board is it not? never used either so dont know lol

I paint anything. Wood , paper , metal , Plastic . just depends on what I am painting and who I am painting it for.

Inkster, in the UK I use Bristol Board 250gsm available from hobby craft , Layne's, etc or on-line. It is very smooth and reasonable cost, seems to compare well with the best, (and most expensive),paper, Schoellshammer G4.

I have also used illustration board board from hobby craft, which has a very smooth glossy finish.

As for foam board I find it is very easy to dent the surface and very hard to erase.

Inkster, in the UK I use Bristol Board 250gsm available from hobby craft , Layne's, etc or on-line. It is very smooth and reasonable cost, seems to compare well with the best, (and most expensive),paper, Schoellshammer G4.

I have also used illustration board board from hobby craft, which has a very smooth glossy finish.

As for foam board I find it is very easy to dent the surface and very hard to erase.

cheers bud will make a note of it and give it a try :)

Back