T-Shirt Board. WIP

W

worldofglasscraft

So.
I wanted to make a t-shirt board, I realise that I am going to need more than one (Hopefully) so I started with doing one that would fit my size.
I went to the DIY store we have called B&Q and bought some 3mm thick, 24inch wide x 48inch white finish hardboard (I think in the USA it is called masonite?)

hardboard.jpg.JPG
Then I measured up to cut it to my size t-shirt (XL) making it 24inches wide x 28inch high.
measuredup.jpg
On the non white side I wanted to floodcoat it with some 0.4mm Magnet sheet
maglainout.jpg.JPG
The magsheet is has a self adhesive coating but I run around the edges with PVA glue as a back up
magneticstuckon.jpg.JPG
The corners got rounded off all I have to do now is put an old t-shirt on it and staple that down as a cover and its ready to use.
The mag sheet gives me an option for sticking stencils on with magnets should I choose to use them.
Here's a pic of the white side.
finishedback.jpg.JPG

This is the first t-shirt board I have made to use and it is based on plans I have seen on t'interweb.

If anyone knows of a better way it would be great if they could share.

Thanks

Spreading the Love.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
A very cool project Tony, if I might make one or two suggestion, Don't use staples, if one becomes loose or is sticking out it could tear or snag your shirts, instead use spray on glue also available at B&Q, and since you have go to B&Q anyway for your glue, at the same time pick up a plastic dust sheet normally used for covering furniture when decorating, you can cut this up into t-shirt size pieces and tape these to your board under the shirts keeping your handy work nice and clean.

Almost forgot, sand your board all around the perimeter and if you apply 1" (25mm) painters masking tape all around this will help your shirts to slide easily on and off.

Thanks for the tips, I had not thought of using plastic dust sheets cut up.
I got the idea of lining the board with an old t-shirt from the web it stops the t-shirt you are painting on getting stuck to the board itself. I will look at the plastic instead.
Thanks

Thanks for the tips, I had not thought of using plastic dust sheets cut up.
I got the idea of lining the board with an old t-shirt from the web. I will look at the plastic instead.
Thanks

You actually wrote in your description " T-sheet" so I thought you meant table cloth, but you'll find the plastic easier and you can always change it even if you use the spray glue.

And no thanks necessary, I help all my buddies.

Hahahahahaha,
found it and changed spelling hahahahahaha

Hahahahahaha,
found it and changed spelling hahahahahaha

I wasn't laughing at you mate, an old table cloth would have been just as handy as an old t-shirt for what you intended, and since I knew for a long time you wanted to get into shirts, the idea really is awesome.

Without the plastic sheets on the main board it would quickly get dirty and you would soon have to make a new one, this way you just change the plastic sheet when needed, I do the same with my magnetic white board, although my board is easy to clean, using the plastic I don't need to clean it at all, for a lazy b*****d like me that's ideal.

I know you wernt laughing at me buddy, I was laughing at myself hahahaha

Are you still here?, get your bum down to B&Q, at this rate your first shirt won't be out till Christmas.

hahahahahah, i laughing at both of ya , now send me one of them boards for my t sheets, i have been letting my wife wear the t sheets and then i airbrush them while she is wearing them,

hahahahahah, i laughing at both of ya , now send me one of them boards for my t sheets, i have been letting my wife wear the t sheets and then i airbrush them while she is wearing them,

Out of your laughter springs an idea.

T sheets equals Table cloth's...what do ya think? Anybody turned a tablecloth into a work of art?

and i bet the only thing you ever sprayed over yer wife was beer as you tugged on yer ring pull :)

T sheets equals Table cloth's...what do ya think? Anybody turned a tablecloth into a work of art?

and i bet the only thing you ever sprayed over yer wife was beer as you tugged on yer ring pull :)

A table cloth is just a giant canvas without the primer and would be no different than doing a t-shirt, so I would say go for it.

Ran is telling the truth about the t-shirt on his wife, I do it too and wait till it's totally dry then pull it off very quickly and then I get a nice t-shirt and my wife gets an instant waxing, therefore killing 2 birds with one stone.

bed sheet work better, you can cut them to any size you want and buy them in about any color, and im talking about painting them with your airbrush ya sick buggard:hopelessness:

Great thread guys, I think I will have a go at making one and have a crack at a t-shirt or two……

bed sheet work better, you can cut them to any size you want and buy them in about any color, and im talking about painting them with your airbrush ya sick buggard:hopelessness:

I know, youre gonna spray yer wife and get her to roll across the bedsheet making a pattern

The t-shirt board is ok, but it could be doing with being double the thickness so as to be sturdier.
The magnetic idea was a good one but the magnet is not strong enough for the idea I had, so I have to think some more on that.

Apologizes in advance to all non dutch speaking members here, but to know what he really means i can ask this best in dutch....basically i want to know what plastic madbrush uses for the t-shirt board.

Madbrush...wat voor soort plastic gebruik je om over het t-shirt bord te plakken? En waar koop je dit eventueel? Ik heb zelf wat van multiplex gemaakt voor wat verschillende maten, maar ik vind het een goed idee om er plastic over te plakken zodat je ook niet met verf resten zit. Bij voorbaat dank....

Alex

Apologizes in advance to all non dutch speaking members here, but to know what he really means i can ask this best in dutch....basically i want to know what plastic madbrush uses for the t-shirt board.

Madbrush...wat voor soort plastic gebruik je om over het t-shirt bord te plakken? En waar koop je dit eventueel? Ik heb zelf wat van multiplex gemaakt voor wat verschillende maten, maar ik vind het een goed idee om er plastic over te plakken zodat je ook niet met verf resten zit. Bij voorbaat dank....

Alex

Hoi SaxTecc05, Ik gebruik gewoon afdek folie van Praxis of van Home Deco, het is verkrijgbaar in verschillende diktes, Ik gebruik meestahl gemiddled, het is ook normaal 20 vierkant meter, maar gewoon zelf op maat snijden, als het vies wordt kan je maakelijk een nieuwe stuc op zetten, kan ook een sterke vuilnis zak overheen als het op je bord past.

Hoop dit helpt

My reply to SaxTecc05 is more or less everything I've explained earlier in this thread over plastic sheeting to protect your t-shirt board.

Thanks for the info...i went to blokker already to buy some sticky plastic to cover the multiplex , its something typically me that once i got something in my head that i want to complete what i planned...so i just went there to check if they got something also maybe....and i found something which might also do the trick.

Thanks for the info...i went to blokker already to buy some sticky plastic to cover the multiplex , its something typically me that once i got something in my head that i want to complete what i planned...so i just went there to check if they got something also maybe....and i found something which might also do the trick.

Je hoeft geen plak plastik te hebben, gewoon afdek folie en die maak je vast met gewoon schilders plakband, het plastic zorgd allen dat als je verf droogt, komt ie maakelijk van je bord af.

Back