Talon Question

IN case you're wondering, the MOJO III was based on the Talon. I think the idea ran it's course. I had one and sold it.
Yeah, that reads like a whole lot of excuses for, well we can't make them right so uh, you have to adjust them.

The T&C model A has an adjustable air cap, done very much on purpose... And executed as it should be for an intended feature.
Extremely fine threads and a nozzle shape with a long fairly straight section.

In any case a little tuning sticky could take a lot of peoples talon from useless to useful.

Last edited:
If you look at the knurled piece right before the chuck for tightening the needle, it is adjustment for the spring tension for the trigger. Counter clockwise (out towards the chuck) is less.....

I will try that. My problem was my finger would slip off the button and I had to hold the airbrush in such a way my had started to cramp. Maybe less trigger tension will help there.

KurtH,

I own a Raptor bought from Paasche and can attest to the fact that they do benefit from some tuning. I would recommend you getting some Chapstick/Burts bees or similar product and treat your threads on the front air caps and make sure not to over tighten them. I also had a Mojo 3 bought off eBay for the princely sum of $36 and later sold off for $136 but it performed quite well. I was able to do fine lines without any issues. I ordered the Raptor (a smaller color cup but same brush) as a seconds (read small blemish) from Paasche for $50US. it performs equally nicely and will also do fine work. I know some have had issues with the Talons but like Paasche products needs tuning. If you really need help, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll be glad to help you out. I have 2 Paasche Vs a VL and the Raptor and use them all with out mishaps!
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

I have a Paasche Talon I do not use very much. I wanted to see if anyone else has observed the same behavior which caused me to not like this airbrush very much.

It seems to me that with this airbrush, the medium needle set up specifically, that the taper of the needle and nozzle is such that paint does not seem to flow until I pull the trigger 3/4 of the way back, and then it is like a switch, It is as though there is very little control of the paint flow. I use several other badger airbrushes, and a grex, and the flow of paint is much more gradual.

So I am doing something wrong, or that is just the way the Talon is designed.

Thoughts?
Talon was a real nightmare for me :-( Brand new out of the box and there was NO paintflow just bubbles in the cup!? Thread of the aircap and nozzle was demaged, The cup was not aligned with a center of the AB, needles were so soft that they bend emediately after I put a dry paint from a needle (tip dry)...... I contact the company and they said "send it back and we will send the new one" But this should cost me more than this AB is worthy. :-( So I throw it away and certanly wont buy from this company never ever again!!!!

Back