USA TCP Global

S

Sprzout

Placed an order with TCP Global over a week ago - I bought one of their compressor and airbrush kits so that I could have something that would give me constant air.

On the website, it listed that I should be getting the compressor, a Master G44 airbrush, a 6' braided hose, a set of 24 different colored paints from US Art Supply, a quick disconnect, cleaning pot, airbrush holder, and cups & paint sticks to mix colors. I also added some adapters to go from Paasche & Badger to 1/8", and some additional Quick disconnect nipples so that I could quickly change out between airbrushes/colors.

I placed the order, and it started shipping that afternoon. I had two orders, one with the adapters and spare nipples, and the other with the Full compressor/airbrush kit. The one with the adapters and nipples shipped from San Diego, which I expected; TCP is located here in my hometown. In fact, I used to go over to their shop for detailing supplies when it was originally in El Cajon, CA - less than 5 mi. from my home.

The rest of the order, however, was shipped from a location on the East Coast. When it came in, I opened it up, and to my dismay, they sent me two 12 packs of airbrush colors, which is different from what is specified online; they also left out the airbrush hose!

I've written them explaining I'd like the correct materials shipped; it's fairly clear that whoever was packing everything wasn't paying attention. I'm hoping that they'll make good on the order, but I've also seen quite a few responses on Amazon and other sites complaining of TCP having shoddy customer service. Let's hope I get a response, and I can turn this around into something positive.

That sucks. Out of interest, what compressor is it?? If it is a tankless continually running one, it may not be up to the job. The word "kit" sets alarm bells ringing regarding compressors.
Anyway, hope they can fix you up. If not, and the compressor isn't good, might be worth shipping it back , getting a refund, and making your own kit. Just my opinion. Plenty of folks here to advise on what you need, what is nice to have but not strictly necessary, or what is bogus. Good luck.

Actually, I bought one with a tank, the TC-20T. I also needed an airbrush holder, which this came with, and the added paints are something I can use to practice airbrush technique with before I move into the more expensive Wicked Color sets. And, as far as I'm concerned, an additional airbrush for a different color is never a bad thing, even if it's a Chinese knockoff of an Iwata. :) The kit price was SUPPOSED to give me everything I needed to start airbrushing and solidify my technique; it's just the fact that I didn't get what was advertised, AND that the hose that's supposed to connect my brush to the compressor, is missing...Sure, I can go down to Harbor Freight and buy an airbrush hose with 1/8" fittings on it. Why should I have to, when it was supposed to be included with the kit?

That's cool, sometimes those kits come with compressors that set you up for failure before you've even started, but your tanked one will see you right :) Sucks that you didn't get everything you paid for, hope they step up. It's the worst when you're raring to go, but something is holding you back. I've heard masters are the more reliable of the knock offs, so hopefully that will get you started. I have no knowledge of that paint brand, but if its airbrush specific pigment, should do the job. If you plan to change brands later, you may have to adjust and possibly relearn to a certain extent paint ratios etc, just something to bear in mind.

Ok...After a phone call to TCP, they're shipping the hose, and getting me the correct set of colors. They also said for me to just keep the extra set of colors that I was shipped. My guess is that it'd probably cost more for me to ship them back on their dime than to have me just keep them.

So, on that account, they have stepped up, and they're making it right. It DID take a phone call in to them, because I didn't get any emails back, but I'm ok. Even if they had said they wanted the colors back, I'd have been ok with that - I just wanted what I paid for. :)

As for the tanked compressor, my wife has already made a comment:

"It's SO much quieter! And it doesn't run as much! Why didn't you buy one of these right off the start?"

I had to tell her the Badger tankless compressor I had before (and still have; it's relegated to a backup compressor) was free, and that my dad gave it to me, so that's why I'd used it for the short time until I could get the TC-20T.

Well good for them for getting you sorted. Its annoying when stuff like that happens, but it happens, and its how its dealt with that counts. Wont be long til you're ready to go :)

Actually, I bought one with a tank, the TC-20T. I also needed an airbrush holder, which this came with, and the added paints are something I can use to practice airbrush technique with before I move into the more expensive Wicked Color sets. And, as far as I'm concerned, an additional airbrush for a different color is never a bad thing, even if it's a Chinese knockoff of an Iwata. :) The kit price was SUPPOSED to give me everything I needed to start airbrushing and solidify my technique; it's just the fact that I didn't get what was advertised, AND that the hose that's supposed to connect my brush to the compressor, is missing...Sure, I can go down to Harbor Freight and buy an airbrush hose with 1/8" fittings on it. Why should I have to, when it was supposed to be included with the kit?

Hey i actually bought this same kit not too long ago. The airbrush could be better but you cant expect too much from a lower quality knockoff. I was lucky enough to recieve my hose... Lol but on the other hand they might have sent you the right paint. I mean sure its a cheap brand as well but it stated the kit would have 24 colors and it did. But also in 2 boxes of 12. But i did notice that one box is opaque colors and the other box is transparent colors. Check them out, if thats what you have then thats correct. You may have just gotten off on them for double the paint without even realizing it lol.

Hey i actually bought this same kit not too long ago. The airbrush could be better but you cant expect too much from a lower quality knockoff. I was lucky enough to recieve my hose... Lol but on the other hand they might have sent you the right paint. I mean sure its a cheap brand as well but it stated the kit would have 24 colors and it did. But also in 2 boxes of 12. But i did notice that one box is opaque colors and the other box is transparent colors. Check them out, if thats what you have then thats correct. You may have just gotten off on them for double the paint without even realizing it lol.

No, I got two boxes of opaque. When they resent it, I got the transparent. I even read off the box UPCs and codes to the guy I spoke with on the phone, and he said, "Yep! You got the wrong stuff. Keep it, we'll send you the correct stuff."

No, I got two boxes of opaque. When they resent it, I got the transparent. I even read off the box UPCs and codes to the guy I spoke with on the phone, and he said, "Yep! You got the wrong stuff. Keep it, we'll send you the correct stuff."
Well thats nice lucky you lol have fun with all the extra paint

Well thats nice lucky you lol have fun with all the extra paint

It's not bad paint...Not GREAT, but not bad. It's giving me a chance to practice technique with an airbrush, at least...:) 20+ years from the last time I used an airbrush, and I'm starting to get it down again, I think I'm doing ok with it. :)

It's not bad paint...Not GREAT, but not bad. It's giving me a chance to practice technique with an airbrush, at least...:) 20+ years from the last time I used an airbrush, and I'm starting to get it down again, I think I'm doing ok with it. :)

Wow thats a long down time.... Well i heard from other ABers its like riding a bike, it comes back to you quick

Wow thats a long down time.... Well i heard from other ABers its like riding a bike, it comes back to you quick

I wasn't very good at the time (AB was a new medium for me; I'd done a LOT of pencil sketches of my favorite comic book superheroes, but wasn't ever good at proportions - colors and shading were something that was a completely new concept to me), but I wanted to play with it to give those 3D type soft effects. I knew it could be done; I just hadn't played with the concept much because paints and colors were SO expensive (not to mention I didn't understand how to use a color wheel at the time).

Now, though, I can pick up a set of paints, mix what I need with a color wheel, primary colors, and white/black, and thin it out with reducer? I think I'm gonna enjoy it, thanks to the kit I bought from TCP.

Back