temptu batery operated compressor any body here ever used this

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
just curious if any body has one or used it i am looking a head of time when i am down in Florida and i can be free again i would like a portable compressor

WOW $335.00 for a little battery operated compressor, It seems cool as a portable option in an emergency but I don't know if I would drop around $350 for it....at the very least it better be rechargeable otherwise better buy a gross of batteries lol

At that price you are better of getting a scuba tank and regulator (like mine) and a small gauge. NO noise, NO water (no matter the weather) you know how much air you have left (from the gauge) and you can scuba dive or use it for paintball too :)

For that price in the states you can buy a co2 or nitrogen cylinder and regulator. It can then be refilled for like $20. They have multiple sizes so even if you only have a small vehicle it will fit.

Although a scuba is a good idea. I used to have one for paintball. Convenient if you have a scuba shop not too far. I had to drive like 30 miles or more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For that price in the states you can buy a co2 or nitrogen cylinder and regulator. It can then be refilled for like $20. They have multiple sizes so even if you only have a small vehicle it will fit.

Although a scuba is a good idea. I used to have one for paintball. Convenient if you have a scuba shop not too far. I had to drive like 30 miles or more.
scuba place 10 min from me :) $5 to refill, I dive and play paintball, so it was an easy decision especially when painting late at night :)

wow thats an option i never gave much thought to what kind of psi do they fill those to and how much you recon it would cost . sounds like a great idea for even in Florida should be loads of places down there i just thought the little compressor would be good for painting out on busy side walks. i think if i were going to spend 300 for a compresor i would be happier with a ca airtools compressor which leads me to one last question i am waiting for a good sum of money comming my way and i want the next compressor to be the last one and i dont want some supper loud home depot compressor any good suggestions for a quiet compressor

scuba is about 1200 psi if I remember right. Depends on the shop. The larger nitrogen cylinders about 2200 psi. Heck you can even get 80cu ft cylinders at 4500 psi . Co2 is about 700 psi but it expands and goes a long way.

Either option is silent. A good regulator is about $100. Most welding shops and or gas suppliers can hook you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

normal scuba tanks are filled to 200 bar - almost 3000 Psi. I then have a normal scuba regulator, with a small cheap gauge on the high pressure side and an air-hose with quick release on the low pressure side. Normally the low pressure side is set to around 10 bar with the mouth piece regulating the pressure in the water so that you are breathing at the same pressure as the depth you are at. I have set it to (I am guessing) 3-5 bar (about 40 - 70 Psi) and then have a water trap filter and regulator that then connects to my normal AB air-hose and then a Mack valve just before the AB.

normal scuba tanks are filled to 200 bar - almost 3000 Psi. I then have a normal scuba regulator, with a small cheap gauge on the high pressure side and an air-hose with quick release on the low pressure side. Normally the low pressure side is set to around 10 bar with the mouth piece regulating the pressure in the water so that you are breathing at the same pressure as the depth you are at. I have set it to (I am guessing) 3-5 bar (about 40 - 70 Psi) and then have a water trap filter and regulator that then connects to my normal AB air-hose and then a Mack valve just before the AB.

Ok the 1200 didn't sound right to me either. I think in the US , at least in my area, it was more like 2200. It's been almost 10 years since I had one filled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi, all.
Just a quick question.
Over here in Oz we have test limits on tanks of all sorts and time limits as well.
Are we speaking about out-of-test tanks?
I could not get an out-of-test tank filled over here.

that could be a problem I think you just have to know some one or get a new one . if it would last a while it would be worth it

you cannot get a tank filled at a dive shop in CA without dive certification

i think the reason why i wanted to know aboot the compressor was i could take it and a micron or krome ,some 1 oz bottles of paint and go side walk painting were there are allot of people shopping . people are impulse buyers and will probably buy a beach painting that was painted at the beach or a fishing pier or where ver . the small compressor would be easy to Cary and i would guess you could get extra batteries

you cannot get a tank filled at a dive shop in CA without dive certification
really - wow, that's a little sad, what happens to the chaps that want to fill their own paintball air tanks. but having said that, it is maybe a good thing because training helps prevent accidents. and paintball players aren't known for their responsibility.

Back