Thanks for being here!

D

Donkeymined

After thirty years I'm picking up the airbrushes again. Many years ago I was a wildlife artist and used all kinds of mediums including airbrushes. When I went through a bad divorce, I closed my gallery and sold off everything and never produced a piece of art again till now. A good friend ask me if I would camo his Dads old shotgun. I thought that would be pretty easy so I got three or four cans of spray paint and started in. The next thing I know I'm using some old masking tricks and hiding some ducks and turkeys in the camo with some brush work and masking tape. And that opened a can of worms. My friend loved it so mush he took pictures and started showing them around to his friends and to some of the local gun shops. I really didn't feel like going though the learning curve I went through many years ago living in a rural place with little to no support. Then I found ya'll and decide to give it another chance. Just found my old badger (sold then by sears) And it seems to be in working order.

Thanks for being here!

T

Tony

good for you mate, if you get a chance post some work up ...............

A

ad fez

welcome donkey, and what a great story.....we are glad to have you here and look forward to sharing information and chewing the fat, if I can be of any help just let me know or post up a thread so the mob can gerty involved....they are a great bunch....some great characters....enjoy yourself

M

Madbrush

Welcome Donkeymined, I've been where you've been so I feel your pain, but I hope it's all good for you now.

I think you might just have some tips and tricks for some us and I hope you have a lot of fun with us.

Mr.Micron

Royal pain in the air hose
Admin
Welcome Home Donkey.. Hey my wife calls me Donkey all the time are we brothers?

I look forward to seeing your work.

D

Donkeymined

Maybe... but my wife uses the short vers with three letters. Or starts it with Jack! So if married aren't we all bros.

Seamonkey

Air-Valve Autobot!
welcome donkey!! glad you came here and glad you found you brush again, lol!! sears...... that must have been a while ago! did it have craftsman stamped on it to?? because you could break it and they will give you a new one, lol!

P

Papajarhead

hope the pain has healed, welcome, new myself but this is a bunch of good people.

F

foreveryoung001

Cool story. Would love to see the gun, if you've got pictures of it. Welcome from Northern Michigan.

jagardn

Airbrush Acquisition Disorder Patient
Welcome to the forum! I have also just returned to the hobby after not touching an airbrush for 20 years.

IDMTmedic

Gravity Guru
Welcome!!!!!! Great forum isn't it? I also airbrushed for a bit in my teens and not for long. Then all of the sudden, addicted and Mitches forum was the absolute best for new or professional artists. It's a great place to learn and teach. Hope your experience will be as enjoyable as mine has and continues to be.

Patch

Air-Valve Autobot!
Hey donkey, welcome aboard from Calgary. Glad you picked up the airbrush again.

T

Talla

Another Hi from the UK ... Its funny how it all comes flooding back!