THE ARTWORKS. Hello I am a airbrush artist based in Nottingham UK. I like to paint with the 1935 vintage Paasche Turbine Airbrush.

hehehe, not that one - as that was one of mine (my photo, too). It is a cheap 1990's knock-off of a vintage Wold.
Hello, I was just messing with you. I found you on Face book and I had a look at your 1990s Knock off, I have never seen one like that before. What is it called. I like to paint with the Paasche AB Turbine. Are you interested in selling your Paasche it looks great. All the best
Andrew

I know of only one of the Wold BBF brushes in a private collection. Even that one, I have not seen good pictures of... Yes, the AB turbo is an interesting brush, for sure! I have been trying to acquire one of each design, or model change in the line - they are tough to come but without giving up a kidney in return. The one I posted is early 1920's, and is maybe my favorite one to use - so, sorry, it will remain part of my collection. I try not to part with ones I don't think I could eventually replace... come to think of it, I try not to acquire ones I think I might eventually part with ;). I enjoy finding the old, neglected pieces and bringing them back to life.

I know of only one of the Wold BBF brushes in a private collection. Even that one, I have not seen good pictures of... Yes, the AB turbo is an interesting brush, for sure! I have been trying to acquire one of each design, or model change in the line - they are tough to come but without giving up a kidney in return. The one I posted is early 1920's, and is maybe my favorite one to use - so, sorry, it will remain part of my collection. I try not to part with ones I don't think I could eventually replace... come to think of it, I try not to acquire ones I think I might eventually part with ;). I enjoy finding the old, neglected pieces and bringing them back to life.
Hello. Thanks for the fast reply, I don't blame you I would not sell this AB Airbrush. I have sent a image of my AB. I have had this Airbrush for a very long time I have had a lot of people interested in my Airbrush but I am keeping it with me. Have a great weekend.

Attachments

• 8ba87cdb0f4b75a28b69f7d3d9af5e9c.jpg
    8ba87cdb0f4b75a28b69f7d3d9af5e9c.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 18
Welcome! That’s a fantastic looking piece. I really like the design and the execution is clearly very skilled. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome to the forum. Interesting piece of work! You might get a kick out of this one - have since restored this one, repairing and replating some of the parts. works like a charm, and is my favorite of the Turbos I have.

View attachment 83666
That’s an absolutely beautiful AB Turbo!😃 Very nice restoration. I’ve been recently collecting AB for the past several months and I’ve come across some pristine ones which I’m very happy about. Yours appears to be a mid 60’s or early 70,s brush. Very nice!👍🏻

That’s an absolutely beautiful AB Turbo!😃 Very nice restoration. I’ve been recently collecting AB for the past several months and I’ve come across some pristine ones which I’m very happy about. Yours appears to be a mid 60’s or early 70,s brush. Very nice!

Thanks. If you mean this one -

Paasche-A-2_Restored-3.jpg

The trigger indicates it to be pre-1925 (probably pre-1920). During this time period, there were two separate variations of the brush - the Model A, which was designed to work on vertical surfaces, and the Model B, which was configured to work on horizontal surfaces. The differences where the angle of the color cup, and the air blast tube for the air nozzle. This one is the Model A, but the original owner modified it slightly to reposition the cup (and air nozzle) to allow for work on an inclined surface(s), rather than completely vertical. Once I cleaned up the reworked parts and re-plated the bits, the modification(s) just blend in. In later versions the cup became repositionable, making it the "AB". I love this brush, and use it often. It works beautifully. A few other AB Turbos from my stash - (the blue handled mid-1940's version is one of my other favs' - works very, very well.)

DSC_1896.jpg

The Wold reproduction BBF, while looking interesting is/was nothing more than a piece of inexpensive kitsch that was given away at some sort of a trade show in the 1990's. I don't believe they were ever intended to see actual use.

Welcome! That’s a fantastic looking piece. I really like the design and the execution is clearly very skilled. Glad to have you aboard.
Hello Party Boy. Thanks for your comments. This is a great website many Outstanding Airbrush artists out there.

Back