The color just stock on to the needle

B

Bandit

I use Createx colors, my compressor has 50 psi constant. When I paint it work pretty OK at start but then the color seems to jam on the needle and just a little color comes thru, what can I do?

I have been painting with Gouache colors befor and I blended it with some water, and to my the viscosity seems pretty same but it wont work.. When I pull the needle out there are lots of paint on it..

/Bandit

Hi Bandit, usualy the Createx colors are drying alot more to the needle then your gouache i think. I have that problem too when i use the Wicked colors from createx that i get a top dry much more
often then with my Hansa and Schmincke airbrush colors. One thig you should do from time to time is spraying on a different sheet or anything else then your artwork with the handle pulled back totaly
to flush the nozzle. Also when you realise less paint is coming through, take off the needle cap and gently pull the paint of the tip of the needle, then it should be better again. Also your air pressure
seems pretty high, and i think that will cause the paint to dry also quicker on your tip of the needle, since waterbased airbrush colors dry from air. Maybe try something around 30 psi and thinn down
the paint some more if it wont spray good at that pressure.
Hope this helps abit

Hi Bandit, usualy the Createx colors are drying alot more to the needle then your gouache i think. I have that problem too when i use the Wicked colors from createx that i get a top dry much more
often then with my Hansa and Schmincke airbrush colors. One thig you should do from time to time is spraying on a different sheet or anything else then your artwork with the handle pulled back totaly
to flush the nozzle. Also when you realise less paint is coming through, take off the needle cap and gently pull the paint of the tip of the needle, then it should be better again. Also your air pressure
seems pretty high, and i think that will cause the paint to dry also quicker on your tip of the needle, since waterbased airbrush colors dry from air. Maybe try something around 30 psi and thinn down
the paint some more if it wont spray good at that pressure.
Hope this helps abit

Thanks for the answer, I shall test all different solutions. The only thing that I can't do are I can't turn down my compressor because it has constantly pressure at 50 psi.

The only thing that I can't do are I can't turn down my compressor because it has constantly pressure at 50 psi

Sounds like you need to attach an air regulator to your system so you can easily control your pressure requirements because 50 PSI is quite high and not only will it increase the paint drying and such as mentioned but on a smooth surface it would be hard to control spidering and such at times..You could also try to strain your paint a bit to..might help it not get clogged..GL

Sounds like you need to attach an air regulator to your system so you can easily control your pressure requirements because 50 PSI is quite high and not only will it increase the paint drying and such as mentioned but on a smooth surface it would be hard to control spidering and such at times..You could also try to strain your paint a bit to..might help it not get clogged..GL

OK, I shall look after a regulator. Thanx a lot

Back