The color white

S

shadow2462

First off let me say im sorry for being AWOL but life happens!
Now on to the reason for this rambling.... I see a lot of folks on here having issues with the color white both beginners and experienced alike and justifiably so. I also see where some switch brands as a remedy. I use "Wicked Detail" line made by Createx, but have used others as well with basically same issues. I was messing around the other day trying to get back into practice and of course my white was being a bear, so while we were gutting our kitchen we found a pack of the paper type filters for drip coffee and figured i would see if they would be of use for painting. So, after cutting some pieces to use i strained the paint more and OMG what a difference.
It was a bit of a chore to use pre-thinned but if you thin first then strain prior to use on airbrush cup/bottle it works very well. So i thought i'd share this info and maybe be of some help to anyone who might try it.

hey, thanks for that info. Been considering the same remedy,, but through nylons or stockings.

Almost everything that goes in my AB cup gets strained with nylon hose these days. Havent tried coffee filters though, that could be even a higher level of straining. Thx for the tip Shadow and welcome back :)

I just use standard paint filters which is much like a coffee filter .
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas isn't that the saying...LMAO

First off let me say im sorry for being AWOL but life happens!
Now on to the reason for this rambling.... I see a lot of folks on here having issues with the color white both beginners and experienced alike and justifiably so. I also see where some switch brands as a remedy. I use "Wicked Detail" line made by Createx, but have used others as well with basically same issues. I was messing around the other day trying to get back into practice and of course my white was being a bear, so while we were gutting our kitchen we found a pack of the paper type filters for drip coffee and figured i would see if they would be of use for painting. So, after cutting some pieces to use i strained the paint more and OMG what a difference.
It was a bit of a chore to use pre-thinned but if you thin first then strain prior to use on airbrush cup/bottle it works very well. So i thought i'd share this info and maybe be of some help to anyone who might try it.
I tend to thin my paint, put it back in a bottle and i use pieces of panty hose to strain the paint as i need it. I put the hose over the mouth of the bottle and the put the lid back on. Works pretty good, and I dont have to strain paint every time i need it.

I tend to thin my paint, put it back in a bottle and i use pieces of panty hose to strain the paint as i need it. I put the hose over the mouth of the bottle and the put the lid back on. Works pretty good, and I dont have to strain paint every time i need it.
If you are using WICKED thinning it and leaving it in the bottle cuts the self life of the paint . It is better to use small mixing cups to do that in.

I switched from createx opaque... to createx wicked white and that alone made a huge difference.

Then tried the home brew
Glycerine
D - water
Denatured
Amman is free windex

Flows so much better and even coverage even at thicker consistency

And wow.... now time to strain

I switched from createx opaque... to createx wicked white and that alone made a huge difference.

Then tried the home brew
Glycerine
D - water
Denatured
Amman is free windex

Flows so much better and even coverage even at thicker consistency

And wow.... now time to strain
Leave out WINDEX of any kind.
Now run along to the introduction post area and make a proper intro:D
you will find it here http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Back