The Denise Tutorials - Our First Full Color Artwork!

Great video Mitch,will you be using a white wash to minimise colour shift?

Tony

Awseome this is just what I need. Been promising myself to try a portrait soon, now I have the master to guide me.

Part 2: Exploring some airbrush textures. This gives you a taste of the textures needed to start adding some realism to your artwork. The colors had to be edited so that the difference could be seen on youtube as there is little difference between the original skin-tone and the texture color.

[video=youtube;3HRebrYMj4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HRebrYMj4k[/video]

Thanks for Part 2, I really enjoy your videos. It's so cool to see the progression of each step. I found when I start my own projects, they look horrible and in my mind will this turn out into anything. But by persevering and patience, I couldn't believe some painting turning out the way they did.

Thanks mitch. I knew I should've waited before trying my portraits Lol! Have you got a how to on learning patience Lol!!!!! I like when you said "That's it...." Oh yes! easy peasy lemon squeezy...or maybe not! Seriously though this will be a great help to me when I get to try another portrait, thanks for taking the time to make and share this!

More great info and techniques Mitch, thanks. One question. Do you get a blue shift when you spray the lighter. almost white paint, on top of the the flesh color?

More great info and techniques Mitch, thanks. One question. Do you get a blue shift when you spray the lighter. almost white paint, on top of the the flesh color?

No you don't get blue shift because you add those couple of drops of skin tone - orange counteracts blue-shift. That's why i add those two drops!

Great video Mitch,will you be using a white wash to minimise colour shift?

Tony

Hey Tony:) i'm not too sure what white wash is?? by adding those two drops of skin tone to the white you don't get color shift - there's no blue look at all to my color because it's not a straight white:untroubled:

hands up if you want mitch to do a "how to dance tutorial"nice couple of steps at the end there brother, maybe you could patent it, maybe the australian roll back or something like that....I heard a rumour that you invented the melbourne shuffle.....can you either confirm or deny this?

hands up if you want mitch to do a "how to dance tutorial"nice couple of steps at the end there brother, maybe you could patent it, maybe the australian roll back or something like that....I heard a rumour that you invented the melbourne shuffle.....can you either confirm or deny this?

How about having Denise giving that dance tutorial?

No you don't get blue shift because you add those couple of drops of skin tone - orange counteracts blue-shift. That's why i add those two drops!

What if you wanted to use that technique to paint a black and white portrait? Would you use straight white to create the texture or would you still put a drop or two of orange in the white to counter act the blue shift?

Hey Tony:) i'm not too sure what white wash is?? by adding those two drops of skin tone to the white you don't get color shift - there's no blue look at all to my color because it's not a straight white:untroubled:

What if you want to use this texture technique to paint a black and white portrait? Would you use straight white or put a drop or two of orange in the white to counter act the blue shift?

Yo, Mitch, if you don't mind me jumping in, I would like to throw in my two cents. B/W portraits are different, JT. instead of doing the white on black, I erase for texture and let the white of the substrate show.

Back