For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

The First Collective Artwork

Discussion in 'The OC Challenge!' started by airbrushtutor, Apr 12, 2013.

1. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

Hello Everyone!
    Since the idea was spawned last November, it is all finally coming to fruition. The Collective Airbrush Artwork is finally ready!

Why is it a collective artwork?
    A simple image has been put together in vector format to enable it's size to be greatly enlarged. From this great artwork we are dividing our first trial run into 32 pieces. Each person who volunteers will see a link to 2 .GIF files which have the basic outline and colours of their particular piece. You will not likely know what it is you're painting, however once complete it will be a small piece of the puzzle and combined with another 32 images it will reveal a much larger artwork, collectively airbrushed!

That doesn't sound too creative?
    That's a good point. However you do have the opportunity to be creative in your own way. You're given a simple template with a few vector shapes spread across the your reference, each is a simple color (i.e. blue, dark blue, grey, white etc). You can airbrush any image you'd like/ construct any artwork you'd like and be as creative as you'd like to be, so long as you stick to the confines of these shapes and either overlay OR underlay your images with the colors shown.

I'd first like to see if anyone has any questions and if they do, please ask away as we'd like to get any unanswered questions out of the way before the link to the volunteer page is given here!
  2. bikergranny

bikergranny Gravity Guru

[​IMG]My home town did something similar. Each participant received a 12x12 ceramic tile to paint on. All they were told was the basic color scheme to use for their image. Each image was different but when put together it created a large mural. I'll see if I can find a pic of it and post it.
  3. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

What time frame is there on this piece or I should say the piece that we would be working on.
  4. flycatchr

flycatchr Detail Decepticon!

sounds wicked
    :)
  5. drobbins12

drobbins12 Spider Splatterer

I'd like to be in this challenge. Sounds fun.

Dylan
  6. rick

rick Needle-chuck Ninja

I'm surely in this one, u can count on me!

So mitch if like say i'd get like a red piece and lets say i'd paint a panel with skulls and trow over that color red in candy it would be ok?
  7. Zotilraxx

Zotilraxx Air-Valve Autobot!

Where do I sign up?
  8. HerrTom

HerrTom Young Tutorling

Sounds cool!
    Can't wait to see the end work of all the pieces.
    But will it be world wide and send to u?
  9. Diegojavbau

Diegojavbau Air-Valve Autobot!

Great , I hope that I can get in !!!
  10. Airhead

Airhead Young Tutorling

Id like to give it a try
  11. airbrushtutor

That's right mate, that would be fine, or you could underlay the colours and paint skulls on top - as long as there is a strong sense of those colours.

That's incredible. It would be great to get to such a high level of detail, but we need the participants and to make sure the software is all working nicely:) Hopefully we can grow the concept to this stage.. for now it is this, but the individual pieces aren't as small:(

Time frame now I believe is 26 days? we can change this so there's a month or leave it to be submitted by the 10th of May?

Yeah if people contribute from all over the world then it will be as worldwide as Pitbull!
    So the picture will be uploaded by a submission form, you take a photo (hopefully nicely cropped) and submit it via the submission form. When all the images are submitted they'll be collated and the larger image will be shown to everyone!

Just to let you know, if people do volunteer for this, then they will be expected to submit a piece by the due date - because if someone doesn't submit, then we don't have a complete image. So you volunteer with your username and if the piece isn't in by the due date.. then we'll either post up the names of people who didn't get it in or possibly show the larger image with their tile replaced by their name? I don't know. I don't want to humiliate people, but i'd like to stress if you volunteer, you should have full intentions to complete an image. It can be as simple or as complex as you'd like!

any other Q's?
  12. Diegojavbau

I have no question , just throw some examples (not need to really from the artwork) to get the full concept .
    And count me in.

I think that is a good idea for all to calculate the size of the collective artwork , just because I think that nobody want to paint 20 detailed skulls in his artwork and in the end they look so small that lose the detail
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  13. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

I'm in! My question is what surface are we painting on? I'm guessing everyone is using the same kind of substrate, or does it not matter as long as it's the right size?
  14. CaparzoSK

CaparzoSK Needle-chuck Ninja

Count me in !
  15. airbrushtutor

Substrate doesn't matter Trish, as long as it's the same proportions as the image you're given then you can do whatever size and whatever substrate:)

So why don't we open this up?? To those of you lucky enough to get in - the link to the page is this: The First Collective Artwork
    Should you have any questions/ problems. please bring them up in this forum and they will be answered/ solved!
    Good luck!

PS - please remember - only volunteer if you definitely intend to complete an artwork, we want everyone who volunteers to complete their artwork by the submission date!
  16. Diegojavbau

This must be a new thread !!!!!

PD : I join in !!! :D
  17. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

So all signed up, just print it out size for size? And match the colours? Should be fun!!!
  18. airbrushtutor

Match the colours, but come up with something creative inside:)
  19. rick

rick Needle-chuck Ninja

OOH, i got piece 12 and sorry for u mitch but i can already see what it will be hehe. I'll keep it super secret :)
  20. CaparzoSK

CaparzoSK Needle-chuck Ninja

I have one Quesion- I have number 14. By meaning match the colors you mean that I have to do them exactly as they are at reference? because they are grey, so Do I have to do them "B&W" or can I do them in full color- I mean what is darker should be darker what is brighter should be brighter :)