For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

The First Collective Artwork

Discussion in 'The OC Challenge!' started by airbrushtutor, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Airhead

Airhead Young Tutorling

Hopefuly its not an error because im #9 and I got file named collective-art_17... thats way off!
  2. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

It sounds like we are back to back with our pieces. My pattern is like a very busy tiger stripe in greys.
  3. Strictly Attitude

Strictly Attitude Air-Valve Autobot!

same here black and grey was a little confused by this but will make it happen guess those are the colors
  4. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

Answers!

Yeah thought that might happen with one or two people - it's only divided into 32 pieces so this was bound to happen with some!
    You should keep the colors close to the original image you're given, however if that means just matching tones then do that. some of you will have only grey images - it's up to you if you do something as simple as a tiles pattern, or full on portraiture and landscapes in your little section.. let me stress that we are experimenting here! there's no right or wrong! Just do you best:fat:

Feel free to overlay something on top of the reference Sax! that could look really cool - and it's up to us to see the different interpretations people come up with. There really is no right or wrong, just working either within, behind or on top of the image or use the image and colours as guidelines!! these rules are fairly relaxed!

Could be any size.. just keep it to that scale.
    Maybe you and Rick could exchange ideas on what it is? Some parts of the image have colour - others don't!
    Yes - someone PM'd me regarding this - some of them are different numbers - volunteer 32 has image number 35 for example. These are definitely correct and you each have unique images. This will be corrected in future CA's if this works out:)
    Zot - does this problem persist? If so let me know as I'll have to send them to you.
    Yes, this is a full colour artwork, however the colors are quite simple and there are some sections that are 100% grey. You should have seen it before! By the end we made sure there was some sort of design in every image:)

If any one has other questions, please ask away and if they're strong concerns, please send me a PM so i know to check! Cheers everyone, you all make up the first collective artwork - for a moment there i didn't think we were going to fill it up!
  5. Airhead

Airhead Young Tutorling

I have one more question. Which is right side up? Is supposed to be in portrait or landscape format?
  6. CaparzoSK

CaparzoSK Needle-chuck Ninja

It doesnt matter m8 because you send only a photo of it. And as you know you can change the point of view on the image upside down however u like

Odoslané z HTC One X cez Tapatalk 2
  7. Airhead

Airhead Young Tutorling

Youre right but i dont want the image that i paint on it to end up upside-down
  8. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

The way the image is orientated when you download the package is exactly the right way. It is in portrait:)
  9. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

I can't wait to see the end result of this, I wanted to take part when it was first mentioned but I've had a few set backs in the last few weeks and I have all but stopped with airbrushing (This in only temporary), things happening around me at the moment have killed any inspiration I had so for the moment all I can do is admire the efforts of my friends here old and new.

Good luck to all who are taking part and I fully believe that my expectations will not be disappointed but rather exceeded.

I'm obviously sick that I missed this and the competition, but at the very least I have faith you guys, I'm afraid the only advice I can give is to be yourselves and have fun.
  10. Diegojavbau

Diegojavbau Air-Valve Autobot!

Because of my piece I have an idea of what is all the artwork about , because of that , I will put some of my point of view in my customization.
    At risk of goes political or hurt feelings I think that if all the people know the theme , a lot of them can have an own direction of what they want to put on his piece.
  11. rick

rick Needle-chuck Ninja

mine say collective art.10, mitch is this normal?
  12. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Ok mines done and sent to Mitch such as it is. I hope it's usable. I have to say this was a real challenge for me, Trying to get any creativity in made my poor little brain ache, I tried a few ideas that didn't really work and sent Mitch the one that failed least Lol!. I really had to think differently to do this, which was fun. Can't wait to see what the pic is as I can't tell from my section. I think there is a poll going at my hubby's work, and statue of liberty is in the lead at the mo Lol. I don't have a scooby!

I will be interested to see what everyone else made of their sections, as I think it might be helpful for next time, as I guess most of us may not have done anything like this before. Can't wait to see them all!
  13. Patch

Patch Elite Member! Elite Member!

I know what you mean, my head hurts too :) Tried to be creative with something that already exist is tricky but it is fun. I designed mine and if all goes well, I should be able to have it done this weekend. Are we aloud to see what people are sending in or is it a surprise until its unveilling time?
  14. ulltraz

ulltraz Needle-chuck Ninja

i gave priority to this project, above others,and am exhausted of searching any fitting idea,got one ,but do we have to be completely loyal to colored image with,since the template is a little bit off in a couple of details:drunk:
  15. Squishy

As I understood it, you have to get the colours and shapes as the origina,l and fit your ideas in to that, otherwise it won't all blend together to create the final image.
  16. Brix

Brix Double Actioner

Did I actually miss it? Sometimes I am lost in forums and dont have so much time to read everything :/
    Uh well looks like I did.. Good luck guys. I wanna see result asap :D
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  17. LMdesigns

LMdesigns Elite Member! Elite Member!

This is just a test round to see how it will work and get an idea of what type of problems might occur.
    There will be another bigger one with alot more than just 32 pieces after this.
  18. Brix

Brix Double Actioner

Ye that´s good... would be great to join it... I was watching this thread some time ago and it looked like its dead or nothing gonna happend pretty soon. Now I noticed the changes in it...
    Would be nice to see important threads or collective challenges, submision dates, notices etc. somewhere on top of the forum page or sending mass email to all forum members. So ppl gonna be better informed what is going on around. Its just an suggestion for future maybe... Its really hard to follow every thread with a lot of conversations around especially for us non native English :)
    Have good time guys. :)
  19. Squishy

Look at the top of the forum home page, when something like this is happening there's usually an alert notice/link so you can keep up to date with this stuff. Of course that's only useful if you log on at the right time, Lol, I think this got taken up pretty quickly.
  20. ulltraz

ulltraz Needle-chuck Ninja

i got notice exactly as squishy said, i have the settings of my internet navigator to remember my password and nick so when i get in, i log in immediately,thats when it appeared the link to get in to these test.but i agree with brix, in somecases we cannot log into the forum due to many circumstances,and sometimes i just log to my email account, so getting an email is an idea that should be considered.