The "I told you so" thread

N

Neural

Ok, I have my reasons beyond money that lead me to buying a Paasche Talon TG-3F. I will stress that it wasn't the price, but my personal experience with their products.

My experience since then ...not optimal.

So, while y'all have every right to say "I told you so", I am humbly requesting assistance with getting an Iwata Eclipse of equivalence to the Talon TG-3F.

I don't need air hoses, I don't need an air compressor, etc. I don't even need extra needles. I need the lowest cost for the proper product.

The needle I currently use is something around 0.6mm. Because I cover larger areas and don't do as much in the fine detail arena yet, so the needle size is important. I realize there are some Iwata variants that are for larger areas, but I'd like some versatility for being able to do finer detail in the future.

So.. all things considered. The one that I believe is closest is the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS. Is there a different model I should consider?

The Iwata Eclipse HP-CS is a .35 nozzle. This is my favorite go-to brush other than micron. The siphon feed Eclipse HP-BCS is a .5 nozzle. Great for spraying larger backgrounds. I don’t use mine as often as CS because the CS is so easy to clean. The .5 needle, nozzle, and air cap will fit the CS. I think Coast Airbrush sells it with that option? I got my HP-BCS online for under 100 bucks. I used a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby and got my HP-CS for 125. Since then I’ve picked up a couple more used CS’s on eBay. Coast Airbrush sometimes has used “classroom” Eclipses for about 100 bucks.

If you want to do both large areas and have a good detail gun to boot, have a look at a badger Anthem, though the eclipes is also a good gun. Anthems one of the best for large spray pattern when you open it up..Good luck.

I too would recommend the HP-CS, which can be had for quite reasonable prices using deals like the one Joseph mentioned. It is possible to purchase an optional 0.5 needle and nozzle for that brush as well, though I find the 0.35 is more than sufficient for the sizes that I work with, even painting broader areas, and anything that doesn't require precision or detail (such as backgrounds) I can just use a 15 dollar harbor freight airbrush or spray gun.

@Amra That is an interesting thought.

Considering that I do primarily gradients/backgrounds, I have looked at the Iwata TN1, but people seemed to be somewhat agaisnt the Neo line as opposed to the Eclipse.

Regarding the HP-BCS: I don't mind siphon feed, but do they make a smaller bottle? I barely fill half the cup on my Talon even when doing a bleed check coat.

Considering that I do primarily gradients/backgrounds, I have looked at the Iwata TN1, but people seemed to be somewhat agaisnt the Neo line as opposed to the Eclipse.

Regarding the HP-BCS: I don't mind siphon feed, but do they make a smaller bottle? I barely fill half the cup on my Talon even when doing a bleed check coat.
I have bcs and sbs. I love them both. Didn't try cs-yet lol. The smallest bottle is 1oz. At least I didn't find smaller.

I can't say this with 100% certainty, but Badger and Paasche (and most certainly others?) make siphon feed cups for their airbrushes. They are like 1/4 oz in size, and they should fit where the bottle goes on an Iwata. They are also somewhat easier to clean.

I can't say this with 100% certainty, but Badger and Paasche (and most certainly others?) make siphon feed cups for their airbrushes. They are like 1/4 oz in size, and they should fit where the bottle goes on an Iwata. They are also somewhat easier to clean.
I have badger adapter for my bcs. How the hell I never thought about looking at badgers cups... -.-

Yup, Badger's 155 Anthem does have a paint cup that fits where the bottle goes. It works well once you tighten the cup properly. The Anthem is pretty easy to clean up as well.

Yeah I don't think any adapter is required- they all seem to have the same tube that sticks into the bottom of the AB. I don't know if Iwata is the same, but I think they are?

Yeah I don't think any adapter is required- they all seem to have the same tube that sticks into the bottom of the AB. I don't know if Iwata is the same, but I think they are?
I got few of adapters from badger for wicked botlles. They fit Iwata nice, but the starting point of adapter is different angle then original from iwata. So you need to push a little if you use big bottles.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Badger-Jar-adapter-for-2omm-createx-bottles-etc-/131311815012

s-l300.jpg

Back