The magnificent uselessness of the legenday Paasche Turbo

Wow - is this for real Ignis, you really like the turbo?? it looks like the original 'paint distributor'

Wow - is this for real Ignis, you really like the turbo?? it looks like the original 'paint distributor'

I came across this tool a while back before I bought my own stuff, and it's amazing how many people love this brush, mostly older artists and mostly for nostalgia, it looks cool, and probably ideal for me since nothing else works for me ,lol

I came across this tool a while back before I bought my own stuff, and it's amazing how many people love this brush, mostly older artists and mostly for nostalgia, it looks cool, and probably ideal for me since nothing else works for me ,lol

I'm old indeed haha! If you can not do detail as fine as you would like to do, this is the airbrush to use. If you're prepared to learn how to tune it at least... It loves uros or equally fine pigmented paints, anything more course it just refuses to process properly.

I'm old indeed haha! If you can not do detail as fine as you would like to do, this is the airbrush to use. If you're prepared to learn how to tune it at least... It loves uros or equally fine pigmented paints, anything more course it just refuses to process properly.

I personally can't use uros due to constant lung infections and I work at home, but I've heard all kids of positive stuff over it.

I saw a really old guy using it in a video, but it was a while ago and I can't remember the guys name but he was totally awesome to watch.

I saw it too in some on-line museum, I think for a lot of the older guys it's a case of if it aint broke don't fix it.

I personally can't use uros due to constant lung infections and I work at home, but I've heard all kids of positive stuff over it.

I saw a really old guy using it in a video, but it was a while ago and I can't remember the guys name but he was totally awesome to watch.

I saw it too in some on-line museum, I think for a lot of the older guys it's a case of if it aint broke don't fix it.

I don't know where you are exactly in Holland, but you're perfectly welcome to drop by any time if you're near Hoofddorp (which is close to Schiphol airport) to get to know about the Turbo and try it yourself. I will start giving classes (soon I hope) and if there's enough interest in using the Turbo, I will include that as well. Probably just a handful of maniacs would like to know how it works and how to adjust it...

I don't know where you are exactly in Holland, but you're perfectly welcome to drop by any time if you're near Hoofddorp (which is close to Schiphol airport) to get to know about the Turbo and try it yourself. I will start giving classes (soon I hope) and if there's enough interest in using the Turbo, I will include that as well. Probably just a handful of maniacs would like to know how it works and how to adjust it...

I'm actually in Hardinxveld -Giessendam in Zuid - Holland, normally due to my Scots temperament I don't have the patience to sit the mandatory 3 hours on the A13/A4 when it takes 3/4 of an hour on a sunday, But I might just arrange a day out and come have a look sometime, I'll get back to you on that, I would be cool to meet our members in person.

Thanks for the invite.

I'm actually in Hardinxveld -Giessendam in Zuid - Holland, normally due to my Scots temperament I don't have the patience to sit the mandatory 3 hours on the A13/A4 when it takes 3/4 of an hour on a sunday, But I might just arrange a day out and come have a look sometime, I'll get back to you on that, I would be cool to meet our members in person.

Thanks for the invite.

Yeah the traffic in this country is hell, but I've some good whiskies to calm down minds frustrated by perpetual traffic jams. Great remedy for all kinds of annoying disorders! Just give me a yell when you've time.

Always wanted to try one see them on ebay allot almost bought one to add to my collection. They have been sworn by as the most finest detail brush ever made. I would love to give one a shot one day and it was a really nice read from your blog.

Always wanted to try one see them on ebay allot almost bought one to add to my collection. They have been sworn by as the most finest detail brush ever made. I would love to give one a shot one day and it was a really nice read from your blog.

Get older types if you can, from before the turn of the century. Lately I find the quality of Paasche airbrushes not so good.

I have one of there talons and it's not my favorite of my bunch but plan on replacing the head with Mike Learn Mojo 3 headset and see how that treats it.

I have one of there talons and it's not my favorite of my bunch but plan on replacing the head with Mike Learn Mojo 3 headset and see how that treats it.

I had several V#1's in the previous century and they were magnificent tools. I bought one recently and the needle jammed. The stub of the paint cup was too long... and blocked the needle. Paasche used to accompany all airbrushes with a small card on which test sprays of the airbrush were visible. This insured customers that the airbrush was tested and passed the quality control. Lately they don't do this anymore. Not just the card obviously, but also they don't seem to test their airbrushes before they are shipped...

Cool blog ignis. It's certainly an odd looking beast, and way beyond me I'm afraid. That and the fact it can sound like a dentist drill (shudder!) will make me stick to my humble but loveable eclipse, and dream of owning a micron one day instead, Lol!

Still love the ab turbo, made lot of paintings with it.But now i can get same results using the micron :). Great blog !

Greetz Patrick.

Does it Ever resemble a dentist drill! Growing up with a dentist that trained at a Nazi death camp -he would put his knee on my chest to pin me down and Go Hard while I screamed in excruciating agony. not sure I could be present for long when its being used, but its an impressive diabolical instrument for sure..

Reminds me of sitting in the dentist chair with my eyes closed and a sweaty forehead!!!Paasche AB Turbo - YouTube

Great blog entry.
I bought an AB Turbo way back in the nineties, but have never really gotten to the point where we start to like each other :)
Back then I painted with gouache and inks, and the inks definitely didnt work out well with this airbrush.
I recently started airbrushing again and bought a Micron and some Trident paints, so I might have to give it a try again. The Micron is excellent, but I have a feeling that the Turbo gives easier control over extremely fine detail-work than the Micron (once you get to know it well...)

I just bought one of these to ad to my collection a 1940's model I plan on putting into use. I got it cheap $40 including shipping thinking I wanted it for nastalgia purposes but plan on giving it a shot. Hoping it runs good we will see!

Back