The Truth - No Bias!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An all purpose tool in this price range will preform the same as other all purpose models, it's ridiculous to argue this, because it is a subjective matter, user to user. The parts are all basically the same, I believe Richpen is made in the same factory as Iwata, along with maybe another well known name, not sure about that though, so I shouldn't spout off, but Richpen for sure.

@ad fez , come out, come out, where ever you are

I am sorry, but there is no truth here. All the guns in the 100.00 to 200.00 are basically the same. I am not looking for this kind of info. This is why I posted this thread. I see this same kind of bias time and time again, and always an Iwata or Badger fan are the ones posting stuff like this. You can like Iwata all you want, but their mid-range guns are no better than other mid range guns, and I have no idea what their customer service is like.

I have no idea of what the point of your thread is. Use whatever you want if it makes you happy. There is no truth in all airbrushes in that price range being the same. Yes, they expel air and paint, have a trigger, needle and nozzle.

I'd be happy with just an Ewata Ecripse, it's a great brush and I know they have excellent customer service.

f5d18d894b8f7b7f5416e0775887c0fa.jpg

If they are all the same, then be happy with what you have and move on.

Why would you post such a statement? If you read this from the beginning you would know what this thread was intended to be. I don't want to be rude, but if you don't want to be helpful or post something useful, then it is you who should move on and ignore this thread.

I have no idea of what the point of your thread is. Use whatever you want if it makes you happy. There is no truth in all airbrushes in that price range being the same. Yes, they expel air and paint, have a trigger, needle and nozzle.

I'd be happy with just an Ewata Ecripse, it's a great brush and I know they have excellent customer service.

f5d18d894b8f7b7f5416e0775887c0fa.jpg

That's because it basically veered off the original thought.

And yes there is truth to all the brushes in this price range being the same, but there is no truth that one is better than the other. They all share basically the same characteristics and are all built basically the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
your title states:
"The Truth - No Bias!"

the truth is, there is no truth, only bias. we can only go on our own personal experience, which then makes us bias.

your title states:
"The Truth - No Bias!"

the truth is, there is no truth, only bias. we can only go on our own personal experience, which then makes us bias.

Yes, I understand this, but if you read what I was after in this thread, you would understand that I wasn't looking for info on what everyone may prefer, or what they felt was best. I seek general information, and things others may have done to modify their guns and such. This topic veered off course and totally proves my point about bias.

Other couldn't help but express what they felt was best. There's nothing wrong with that, and I'm not saying there is, because I know I have my own bias also. The thing is I wasn't looking for that is this thread.

That's because it basically veered off the original thought.

And yes there is truth to all the brushes in this price range being the same, but there is no truth that one is better than the other. They all share basically the same characteristics and are all built basically the same.

I re-read your original post a few times, and I'd like to change my answer.

All of my airbrushes (of which name brands I can't mention) ranging from $100-200 dollars all perform equally well and are pretty much the same. The only mods I've made to my brushes are softer air springs and polishing the needles to increase performance and reduce tip dry.

in case my post was missed ......

. . . . . .
. . . . . . .

Minus the bias........... I have several airbrushes and they all perform better than my ability, I don't get cramp, they're easy to tear down if needed.

I own only two airbrush's and both work for what I bought them for straight out of the box,the only thing I did was change the needle/nozzle when wanting finer detail!

When I first try to airbrush in the mid '90s, I used an abused Badger 150. It worked great and I still have and use it. In 2011 I started up again but now Badger had the 105 out that I really wanted. Asked around what I should get between it and the Paasche Talon and everybody said the Badger. Iwatas were just too expensive. After a few months of playing with the 105, I hated it. I could not get it to do what my old 150 did. Tried a chinese BD-130 and it performed better. But I did not like the finish of it. Looked like chrome painted plastic. But I knew it was modeled after Iwata/Olympos. Bit the bullet and got an Eclipse. You can't compare 105 with the Eclipse. In the meantime I got a few more Iwatas and a few H&S but no new Badgers. Even if they spray the same, their finish is not Iwata or H&S quality.

I own three Iwatas, two mid range and one from the top, I am in no position at all to state that they are the best brushes ever, but do what I want them to do and done give me headaches, I don't ever modify anything, if I thought it needed modifying then I would clearly have the wrong tool and would been better buying something else, since I get what I want out of them I have no intention to buy anything else.

To get the answers you seek you need to go to Don Wheeler's website where he puts brushes through their paces and gives a good honest review on how they behave and perform with no bias whatsoever, your not going to find that here no matter how you word it.

We've had a few members over the years who's goals seemed to be to shoot down everything anyone else said, asking what appeared to be genuine questions only to argue the toss about the answers they got, folks who never posted a single piece of work but we're full of opinions, they generally don't last long.

I've read every single post in this thread and even though you've explained what your looking for I can't see any point to at all too the thread, we've had the same dusussions over and over to no useful end.

If you are happy with what you have now and it does what you, you don't need to ask about other brushes, I'm happy with what I've got even if I have the worst stuff ever.

I re-read your original post a few times, and I'd like to change my answer.

All of my airbrushes (of which name brands I can't mention) ranging from $100-200 dollars all perform equally well and are pretty much the same. The only mods I've made to my brushes are softer air springs and polishing the needles to increase performance and reduce tip dry.

Do you use needle lube or do you prefer to stay away from the product?

I own three Iwatas, two mid range and one from the top, I am in no position at all to state that they are the best brushes ever, but do what I want them to do and done give me headaches, I don't ever modify anything, if I thought it needed modifying then I would clearly have the wrong tool and would been better buying something else, since I get what I want out of them I have no intention to buy anything else.

To get the answers you seek you need to go to Don Wheeler's website where he puts brushes through their paces and gives a good honest review on how they behave and perform with no bias whatsoever, your not going to find that here no matter how you word it.

We've had a few members over the years who's goals seemed to be to shoot down everything anyone else said, asking what appeared to be genuine questions only to argue the toss about the answers they got, folks who never posted a single piece of work but we're full of opinions, they generally don't last long.

I've read every single post in this thread and even though you've explained what your looking for I can't see any point to at all too the thread, we've had the same dusussions over and over to no useful end.

If you are happy with what you have now and it does what you, you don't need to ask about other brushes, I'm happy with what I've got even if I have the worst stuff ever.

I know Don and talk with him frequently at Finescale, we just had a discussion on clipping the trigger springs. I actually posted this for further discussion on what others may find to be useful in mods, or what mistakes they may have made and wish that didn't do. Don offers some great info, although I do feel he is biased towards Badger, but that doesn't make his info less informative. I find many people have unique ways of handling their guns, and it's always fun to hear what others may be doing to make their gear more useful, or handle better.

Do you use needle lube or do you prefer to stay away from the product?

I use Iwata spray gun lube for trigger rocker and needle chuck spring. I was using Superlube and Needle Juice for a while, but both of them gum up and cause more problems than they are worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back