"The Wall" problem

M

Marko

Hey friends,

I have plan to draw the Pink Floyd theme on my helmet but I can not find the solution how to paint the wall on it. Should I make a stencil or should I paint lines by myself? I really appreciate all you ideas. This will help me a lot!

The whole picture looks like that:
attachment.php

Best regards,

Mark

Hi Marko, welcome to the forum. Please pop along to the intros section, people will want to say hi, and also if you tell us a little bit about yourself, what equipment you have, type of painting you are interested in, where you are in the world etc, it my help people advise you better :)

Marko I think you would need a super steady hand to get all those lines running straight and square, and I personally think it if went a bit off, it could spoil the over all look.

If I was going to attempt this, I think I would measure up, and put faint marks on my surface for instance, at 2cm intervals along each side, to ensure all my lines were parallel and straight, then get something like two sheets of acetate or similar (depending on what size you want to paint it, and if you are painting on a flat surface.) lay them down next to each other leaving a line width gap between, and tape the ends of the sheets to each other enough so that the sheets won't move, to make a fine line stencil. Then just line them up with the marks on your surface (why I thought of acetate as you can see through) and spray (not too heavily as you don't want paint building up and maybe getting under your stencil, but you can add layers to get the shade you want). You could also use fine line tape, and lay down two strips leaving a gap for the line perhaps.

If you aren't fixed on using an airbrush you could just use some kind of pen and draw them on, but make sure the pen isn't going to fade or discolour with time or sunlight etc.

Probably worth experimenting a bit first.

I think fine line tape would do the trick,just draw it out and spray the color you want for the space between the bricks,let it dry then put down the tape as the gap between the bricks paint the rest of the helmet and pull the tape off and you should have nice clean lines, and you only use one line of tape not two so you save some cash(sorry Squishy just thought it would be ease'er) I learned it on another site(sorry mitch) thay used it to make the look of colored wires,

I think fine line tape would do the trick,just draw it out and spray the color you want for the space between the bricks,let it dry then put down the tape as the gap between the bricks paint the rest of the helmet and pull the tape off and you should have nice clean lines, and you only use one line of tape not two so you save some cash(sorry Squishy just thought it would be ease'er) I learned it on another site(sorry mitch) thay used it to make the look of colored wires,
@basepaint thats the way I would do it and the way Simon Murry teaches, it's how I do trad flames on tanks, real easy, a bit time consuming but it's a neat finish.

I would also paint the whole helmet the colour of the lines, tape them up with very fine tape or lines cut with a vinyl cutter and then paint the whole helmet the brick colour. Just do not do the line black and the bricks white because they are not.

All in all (youre just another brick in the wall) it looks very good. Clean and simple.

We don't need no education....
We don't need no thought control.

Looks like it came out great

Back