Thin Line HELP Needed!

D

Debski

I am pretty much a spring chicken to this airbrushing but a heck of a good pencil artist. May have to go back to pencil work. Kind of frustrated. I want to paint very thin, fine lines. Yes, I have tried taking off the nozzle and I believe it worked a few months ago but now it won't. I do clean it constantly. Does anyone have any great professional advice? If so, thank you.:confused:

Reduce your paint and lower your air pressure. What might of worked months ago might not now as the change in weather will have different effects on your setup. Just gotta play around with it till u get the setup right again.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

hi debski, welcome buddy, don't give up! with patience and practice you will be able to pull lines as fine as pencil if not a hair.....what brush are you using.paints etc?..... a good brush like a badger, harder and steenbeck or iwata is needed for really fine lines but even on a budget brush you can get good results by using a method I have just learnt from another member "ignis". use 1 or 2 drops of paint to 20 ...yes 20 drops of reducer....set your air pressure at around 10 psi....you can pull the tightest lines imaginable with this method and a good brush.

Welcome Debski

Good tips so far from the guys above, I use a neo with 0.35 nozzle 1:15 to 20 and believe it or not 4psi and I can pull lines slightly thicker than a hair, and even more significant, minimal over-spray.

As ad fez says, tell us what your using then we can maybe tell how to make it better.

Thank you everyone. I am using two different airbrushes. One is Iwata Eclipse and the other is a Master. I have used a reducer but maybe not enough. I have been using only Createx paints. I do appreciate everyone's advice.

Thin lines is not a problem for me using an Eclipse. Straight lines is a different story though. So I use a mask. I'm not ashamed to use frisket.

Thank you everyone. I am using two different airbrushes. One is Iwata Eclipse and the other is a Master. I have used a reducer but maybe not enough. I have been using only Createx paints. I do appreciate everyone's advice.
really you should have not to much trouble pulling a thin line with either, createx paints are good however not necessarily the best it's down to personal preference.I use wicked detail by createx and it works great for that technique I mentioned above.....at the very least the viscosity of your paint should be equal to that of milk (not as thick as cream).and then you play around with your air pressure till you find something that suits

I agree with every thing said here reduction is key and keeping the tip dry off the needle also. Check you needle tips to make sure they are sharp and strait a bent tip will make those fine lines impossible. Some times it takes me a while to get a mixure I'm happy with of paint and reducer. I know it can be frustrating but when you got it right it usually is followed by hours of enjoyment!

I appreciate everyone's advice. I will definitely try them. Thank you!

Just a random note here iif you have not found out yet but the neo eclipse and master will interchange parts! I bent a need awhile back and didn't want to wait for shipping to get another master needle so I got out the micrometer and measured!!!! tbey match up! since hobbylobby caries iwata parts and with a coupon code from their website @ 40% off!! definitely worth it!

I am pretty much a spring chicken to this airbrushing but a heck of a good pencil artist. May have to go back to pencil work. Kind of frustrated. I want to paint very thin, fine lines. Yes, I have tried taking off the nozzle and I believe it worked a few months ago but now it won't. I do clean it constantly. Does anyone have any great professional advice? If so, thank you.:confused:

Dilute your paint 1 : 20 = paint : water. lower your air pressure to between 10 and 20 psi. Createx should spray fine in an Eclipse without further additives. Good luck.

Back