For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

This is not the end

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Franc Kaiser, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Franc Kaiser

Franc Kaiser Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I would like to say a few things here. As the whole world locks down this week you will feel like the lights go out. Fear and uncertainty is something you will feel when you wake up in the middle of the night. I lived through this situation and feeling in China already since early January. My mind and perception shifted, but also grew that way. People I know were infected and died. Daily life had become a bizarre display. The longer I refused to accept that this is how reality operates now, the worse the frustration and fear grew. Eventually, I had to accept the reality, and focus on how to help others and make the best of things. I reached out to people I knew but haven’t talked to since a long time and asked them how they are, whether they needed support. It moved me closer to the people and things that are most important to me in life. Now, today, whilst the situation starts to peak in many locations in the world, things are getting better in China, and there is a glimmer of hope, at least on a local level. So, hang in there, it will get better eventually. It may take a few weeks or months. This is not the end.
  2. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Thanks Franc, i'm not letting it get to me if possible. its a pain in the a$$ with all the panic buying in the shops and there's no food left or TOILET PAPER which i still don't understand.. However i thankfully have a job where im outside and not with anyone so I will continue to work which helps me stay normal.. My wife is getting worried a little mainly because I have an 87 yr old dad who thankfully is very active and fit. I have still told him to stay in as much as possible and I will get his basic food items then drop them at the door. I know it has to get worse before it gets better and hopefully with this limited contact the spread will be lessened around the country and in other countries. My thoughts go out to the people who are now starting to lose their jobs because shops and businesses are having to close for safety reasons and cant or wont pay their staff so everyone loses their jobs. A very sad situation. Schools have closed today for a few weeks and some businesses. We shall ride it out, drink cups of tea and help each other where we can.

Thanks for being concerned and helping us out with the info. hopefully we come out the other side without having too much tragedy.

Lee
    SiRoxx and Franc Kaiser like this.
  3. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

@Franc Kaiser thank you for this info I know things have changed a lot over the last few months and internet/ facebook has become my main way to keep social contact with my friends all over the world and the phone for local friends
    I still walk my dog 4 times a day but I avoid people and keep my distance ( 6 to 8 feet ) this is not easy in supermarkets but it can be done if you pay attention and take your time I dont use cash money any more but use my debit card to pay for food and such
    the Netherlands are not in a lock down ( yet) but I guess this will change as surrounding countries are going into lock down and close borders
    We dont stockpile but my wife has diabetes and she needs to eat so I have a week worth off food in our house at all times just in case
    SiRoxx, jord001 and Franc Kaiser like this.
  4. Franc Kaiser

I predict that Holland will change its course. This herd immunity strategy is pure insanity. I know people in the Netherlands who recently got infected. It wasn’t a pleasant experience for him, but he survived. The problem is not him but the next person he passed it on to, and the next person, and the next person... take good care Ron, stay safe!
    Ronald art and jord001 like this.
  5. Franc Kaiser

Yeah, that with the toilet paper... I’ve never seen this in China, even during the darkest times. Must be something in the occidental mindset that drives those instincts, go figure. Of course the economic losses will be devastating. Many of my clients are not talking about a recession, but a depression.
    jord001 likes this.
  6. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Staff Member Admin Mod

Most of the toilet paper is scammers buying it up to try and resell it on ebay or amazon at a lot high price. The government here is shutting them down and issuing fines to those they catch. Some have tried to bring it back to the store they bought to find that the local health department said NOPE !!!
    You bought it and it is yours happy wiping LMAO.
    Helping neighbors I have been doing that for decades being all my neighbors are more like family then neighbors.Yesterday one my my neighbors brought all the folks who live on my road farm fresh eggs and left them on the door steps. I took steaks and beer done to one neighbor who is a shut in due to being disabled and not being able to get around right now cause he called and said he was low on beer and wsa running low on meats. Being I happy to butcher two cows and 4 hogs this past year I loaded him up with steaks, ground beef, sausage, Bacon and a couple of nice ham steaks so he should be set on meats for at least 3 weeks 4 if he doesn't have company visit him .
    But being I have been in areas of the world that have been in worse health conditions then what we have now I do not worry too much.
    I stay safe and still continue to live my day to day as I have for the past few decades.
    SiRoxx, Franc Kaiser and jord001 like this.
  7. Ronald art

Franc there has been a call for a lock down but our government refuses to follow the WHO advises but you are right they wont be able to keep this up as more people will die and hospitals wont be able to keep up with growing numbers of infections the call for a total lock down will get louder by the day
    Franc Kaiser and jord001 like this.
  8. Franc Kaiser

So great, Herb. The virus activates the community spirit to go into higher gear all across the world, I hear. It’s especially in cities where this doesn’t happen (because there were no such communities to start with).
  9. Franc Kaiser

I hope the people will be heard. Nobody really knows the recovery outcome of this virus - there are a lot of things that are unknown. Survivors may be affected with constant physical damage; it’s not just like getting on with it after a flu.
    Ronald art likes this.
  10. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja Staff Member Admin Very Likeable!

I use these for cleaning airbrush. It's not toilet paper but like a sheet. this could be used, are stores out of this 2?
    [​IMG]
    we call them paper towels or toilet towels...They are much bigger then toilet paper.
  11. Ronald art

the Dutch people really dont get it , I needed a heater that is safe to use in my make shift spray booth so I went out to get one and despite all warning signs telling people to keep a distance from each other I had to ask people to move so I could pass at a 5 feet distance
    I blame our government as they keep telling us it is nothing more than a mild flu like virus
  12. huskystafford

comment from this video

[​IMG]
  13. Franc Kaiser

On Sunday, my daughter left the apartment for the first time since late January. We enjoyed a beautiful day in the park. The masks will stay on for a while.... normal in a China now. Here is my daughter and me enjoying some sunshine.
    DF9B2CB7-B51C-4A65-BAA8-20377DC656A8.jpeg
    SiRoxx, doc1, Ronald art and 5 others like this.
  14. LadyCharlie

LadyCharlie Love this place! Forum Supporter Very Likeable!

Beautiful pic, Franc.
    Franc Kaiser likes this.
  15. Franc Kaiser

Thanks Charlie!
  16. Ttxela

Ttxela Artist of the Month! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

If you go this route just don't flush them, maybe collect and burn instead. This sort of thing causes a big problem for the sewer network as it breaks down much slower than proper toilet paper. Last thing you want on top of everything else is blocked drains.
    huskystafford likes this.
  17. huskystafford

you could cut those on smaller pieces I guess. I wonder if they are available in places where all toilet paper is out.
  18. Ttxela

Ttxela Artist of the Month! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

I'd still avoid it, you'd need to cut them into very small peices which would be too small to use as toilet paper (either that or cut them up after which is a bit grim). I used to work in sewers and this sort of thing causes massive problems along with stuff like those 'flushable' wipes and cotton buds etc. The problem is not necessarily the size of the material but its fibrous nature and the fact it acts as a sort of seed for other stuff to gather against rather like a snowball. Then you get the fats and stuff clinging to it and a big problem!
    huskystafford likes this.
  19. Ronald art

I dont know how things are going in the other counties as info is real hard to get and MSM is well what can I say "following political rules" but I get the sneaky feeling our government is using this c19 to create new "social laws"
    we are in for 8 weeks now and I know it is early days with no end in in sight and for me nothing much has really changed I never liked being in crowded places and love some space around me , I need to walk the dogs and so does my wife so I have a good reason to be out ....and that is when it hit me : I dont need any reason to leave my house and I refuse to stay in my house for any virus deadly or not and then I hear politician talk about people over 60 should stay at home .... I am 61 and I say f**** you I do what I want and I will make sure I will stay well away from people like I always do
    LadyCharlie likes this.
  20. huskystafford

My country is first in Europe which officially announced we don't have epidemic anymore. But people still need to wear masks...
    Ronald art likes this.