This just in...

i use the olympos hp100b i cut the top off of the colorcup didn't like the coned top ,now it's like my iwatas
i also have the olympos hp100C still in the box though,

This is the one that started it all:thumbsup:.

My avatar is a 1973 Harley-Davidson that I purchased in 1975. I had wanted a new machine but the H-D factory was on strike and there were none available at the dealerships. I found the bike as it looks in downtown Pittsburgh from a newspaper ad.

It was custom painted. I wanted to learn how to do that. I first purchased a Badger model 250. There was an ad on the back of the custom painting book I bought to learn from. Turns out the 250 is not an airbrush, even by Badger's definition. It is a mini spray gun. It sprays paint. I used it about a year. I had a brother-in-law who worked for a company that sold Binks airbrushes. I bought this Wren model B.

Being the handle is some type of nylon I would use it as my stir stick. The brush has been dropped on it's nose so often the air cap is no longer round, hard to get a good pic. Trust me, it ain't round no more. I used it for about 35 years then put it out to stud. You may be beginning to see what that turned intolol.

This is the book I learned from. It is a Badger book written by Carl Caiati. The painter demonstrating the techniques was Ron Finch of Finch's Custom Cycle fame.

1970s custom paint is still my favorite:p.

I won't ever get into collecting vintage brushes but I do love seeing all the oldies and admire the passion that you guys have for them and you are helping to preserve history which is a great thing.

I got this one yesterday. I've used two search engines and have found no information on it. It came from Germany so I'm hoping someone on that side of the pond might have heard of it or know something about them.

Comet 200 made by, or sold by, Honsell Airbrush.

They did offer a Comet 300 which has a C cup.

Came today:

It's used but I got it at what I believe to be a pretty good price. It came with the instruction book although I did not get the cardboard outer sleeve. That's Ok to me.

This will be my last purchase for a while. I've targeted the Iwata Takumi Eclipse next but that's gonna have to wait:(.

And I may have done this backwards. I got the Infinity CR Plus first then this one. A bit like buying the best Mercedes than picking up a slightly lesser model. I do think the Evolution Silverline will be a good brush:p.

Back