Thoughts on Airbrush booth

S

SimonF

Hi guys. Has anyone had any experience with these little airbrush booths? They are selling on ebay for around $116.00 (AUD)
My airbrush space will be in a room inside my house. I Will only be using water based paints for creating pieces of artwork and spraying lures.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Simon.
$_57.JPG

I personally think it would be to small for most art works except maybe our paint pals.
It would be fine for small models

You can add more next to each other and have a bigger area. For lures a single one should be fine but for bigger artwork maybe install it above you.

Thanks @JackEb and @AndreZA . Yeah using it for lures will be fine I think but artworks, maybe not so good.
Hmmm...this maybe a silly question but having good ventilation / extraction for water based paints is pretty much a given isn't it? I don't want to take unnecessary risks with my littlies around.

Even just for yourself you have to take precaution, even with water based paints. If it were just for you, a mask would have been fine. But if you want to protect the rest of the house, you need ventilation. But it all depends on the size you are painting. If you paint small painting with 10 drops of paint, you will not even notice it.

I have one just like it and I paint car models sometimes with it. It works great. The fan has pretty good suction. I also made a homemade one from a plastic tub and a bathroom exhaust fan. I have changed over to lacquer paint for the models and had to put the fans in a outbuilding. You are going to be spraying, blasting the paint all at one time , so a good mask is necessary.

Richard

I have one just like it and I paint car models sometimes with it. It works great. The fan has pretty good suction. I also made a homemade one from a plastic tub and a bathroom exhaust fan. I have changed over to lacquer paint for the models and had to put the fans in a outbuilding. You are going to be spraying, blasting the paint all at one time , so a good mask is necessary.

Richard
Thanks very much for the info Richard

I have pretty much the same booth minus the exhaust hose. I use it for airbrushing model train stuff and it works great. This booth folds up into a nice compact unit for storing it. For artwork, I would think this booth is a little small. The price you listed seems a little high so you might want to show around a bit. But overall I love this little booth.

I have pretty much the same booth minus the exhaust hose. I use it for airbrushing model train stuff and it works great. This booth folds up into a nice compact unit for storing it. For artwork, I would think this booth is a little small. The price you listed seems a little high so you might want to show around a bit. But overall I love this little booth.
Thanks very much for the info

Back