Time got more blending lines + daggers

R

Richard-uk

A few pics of work so far! Going to give the com-art paints a go next :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    645.5 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    586.7 KB · Views: 30
Your dot formation looks pretty damn precise from her, you lines also look very uniformed a pretty good start overall.

The only thing that concerns me is the the dots at the ends of your lines, assuming you aren't doing this deliberately this is usually an indication that you have small piece of debris on your needle tip, or what we refer to as tip dry, as you do your lines try to keep your air on as you work and then just try to use the backwards and forwards motion of your trigger to control the start and finish of your lines.

having said that it actually looks like you added dots to the end of your lines just for the fun of it, lol

But whatever it is, your making good progress without a doubt, it all shows good control :thumbsup:

The line starts as a dot and moves across, snapping off paint after the first line :) saw it on a dvd :) but not sure I can mention the dvd without getting told off.. Just fired up the air for some more fun..

The line starts as a dot and moves across, snapping off paint after the first line :) saw it on a dvd :) but not sure I can mention the dvd without getting told off.. Just fired up the air for some more fun..

You can mention the DVD, that really isn't a problem here, the more info people have the more choice they have:) same as if you come across a shop or supplier that impressed you, a little plug is perfectly acceptable, if you found a good deal somewhere, everyone wants to know about it.

But if this means that the dots are in fact deliberate then I'm even more impressed, I'm also impressed that you make a start straight out of your work, when I get home from work I can't get my head around anything other than a long couch and a huge cushion, lol

Looks better than my first attempts:thumbsup:
Keep it up and apparently it gets easier the more you do.

I got the Daniel powers level one dvd.. It is good and the lessons are easy to follow!! I quite lucky as have all my airbrush set up at work so can jump straight on it.. If I went home I would do exactly the same as you haha

I got the Daniel powers level one dvd.. It is good and the lessons are easy to follow!! I quite lucky as have all my airbrush set up at work so can jump straight on it.. If I went home I would do exactly the same as you haha

I've heard good stuff about the Daniel powers collection so you've done well there, how long have you actually been practising because the consistency your getting makes me think you didn't just start today, lol

But seriously I don't think it would do you any harm to download some of the tutor's painting project tutorials, it would break the monotony to have a pop at one of those along with your practising.

I started last weekend! Been doing roughly 45 mins a day! If I go longer than that I start making silly mistakes! Am going to download the eye tutorial and give that a bash..

Looks really good! You are getting lots of consistency and uniformity :) But I agree with madbrush about the dots. If you are making them on purpose at the start of your lines then great, except that I'm not sure you will actually want to use that effect in practise when painting a picture. So just bear in mind it may not be a good habit to get used to starting lines that way. Moving your hand before you snap the paint on will give you a clean start, the same way you are getting by snapping your paint off and continuing the movement afterwards. It takes a bit more practice getting the paint to start where you want it to, but I think is more useful in a practical sense.

Mind you I haven't seen the DVD you have, so it may be part of Daniel Powers learning process, in which case ignore me. (most sensible people do LOL!) It's just that I have never done that particular method in anything I've ever painted, and always think it's good to start as you mean to go on. But as I say I don't know Daniel Powers teaching method, and he knows a lot more about the mysteries of the airbrush than me :D.

Looks really good! You are getting lots of consistency and uniformity :) But I agree with madbrush about the dots. If you are making them on purpose at the start of your lines then great, except that I'm not sure you will actually want to use that effect in practise when painting a picture. So just bear in mind it may not be a good habit to get used to starting lines that way. Moving your hand before you snap the paint on will give you a clean start, the same way you are getting by snapping your paint off and continuing the movement afterwards. It takes a bit more practice getting the paint to start where you want it to, but I think is more useful in a practical sense.

Mind you I haven't seen the DVD you have, so it may be part of Daniel Powers learning process, in which case ignore me. (most sensible people do LOL!) It's just that I have never done that particular method in anything I've ever painted, and always think it's good to start as you mean to go on. But as I say I don't know Daniel Powers teaching method, and he knows a lot more about the mysteries of the airbrush than me :D.
Hi, yeah it was part of the dvd, making dumb bells haha was used to start moving with paint on! The next step was just as you explained above :)

Back