Tip reducing wicked

Diegojavbau

Air-Valve Autobot!
Maybe this will sound basic for some people , but I want to share it anyway.

I try wicked in the seminar that I take here in Argentina with Jose San Juan , and he remark as very important the fact that after reduce wicked with the wicked reducer , we must wait 10 minutes before use it , as the manufacture recommends , to give time to the reducer to do his job .

I have a gravity feed AB , so I use to make the reduction "on the fly" in the cup so probably I would never find out this and never will make this paint work correctly

Maybe after finding a reference while you are planning out the layers you can start mixing and reducing colors at each imagined layer? That way the 10 mins is gone by the time you start spraying?

This has been mentioned a time or two. We all do it the other way anyway even though we know it gets better results to wait. Are we impatient when inspiration strikes? Hell yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it's a terrible system. I use two drops of paint at a time. Where am I mixing that before I need to use it. You'll get to use half a drop by the time you manage to get it in the airbrush. The more and more I read about and play with any of the Createx products, the more I'm thinking of getting rid of it.

I think it's a terrible system. I use two drops of paint at a time. Where am I mixing that before I need to use it. You'll get to use half a drop by the time you manage to get it in the airbrush. The more and more I read about and play with any of the Createx products, the more I'm thinking of getting rid of it.

It can definitely have it's disadvantages. I have too much of it to go away from it just now. I am also attending an Airbrush Action Getaway where they use only Createx brands, so I need to keep going with it for now, and I tend to use much more than 2 drops at a time , even with my CM-B. But ETac is the bomb.

i knew nothing of this 10 minute wait..... could this be part of my tip dry problem? cause ive been all like MIX MIX GO NOW!!! and tip dry being a big issue... btw... createx white is the devil.... just saying

White is the devil no matter who makes it or even if it is waterbased or urethane...LOL

But I know on the old old system 10 minutes was suggested but the airbrush artist yelled so that is why they came up with the W100 and now the W500 .

Back