Tip to mix Com-Art paint in the bottle quicker.

M

Melbee

Hi Folks,
To mix the paint in a Com-Art bottle quicker just add an M4 Rust Free Nut (from nut and bolt) to the bottle so when you shake it, it mixes a lot faster!!

The bottle already has a roundish mixing ball and adding the metal nut gives 2 different shaped mixers. I was amazed at how much quicker this works compared to the 1 mixing ball. I did it for the 1st time yesterday and I was blown away.

It is so simple. I used to shake the bottles for 20 minutes or more before and now in a few minutes I'm done. Fantastic!!! :) :)
Cheers Mel

Good advise. But I only mix mine for about a minute.

Ha Ha Ha!! AndreZA what can I say! You obviously have Super Bottle Shaking Powers or being on another continent perhaps you use Jumping Beans in your paint to mix them LOL!

Ok I've done a few more tests to compare with or without the extra M4 RF Nut and the Opaque's take me a lot longer to mix than the Transparent paints :) What I've found, in maybe not all but some of the paints, is that when they have sat for a long time and the pigments are completely settled, I can shake them but there is a last thin layer at the bottom of the bottle that is hard to shake out. The M4 Nut because it's smaller than the mixing ball and a different shape seems to get to that last layer quicker.

I bought 20 x M4 Rust Free Nuts for €0.85 yesterday so it costs next to nothing and it can't hurt :) :) I obviously lack in the Shaker Super Power so I'll take any help I can get! LOL LOL
Cheers Mel

I added ball bearing to mine awhile back - silly me forgot to ask for stainless steel ones - guess what happened ! Yup, nice rusty patches at the bottom of the bottles. They're now transferred and allocated to dots and daggers with my Chinese brushes. Now I use small 'decorator' pebbles instead.

I use BBs , take the ones for sniper they are little heavyer and shake the paint better. put 3 or 4 in the bottle and it works great.
make shore they are plastic ones ,not the biodegradable ones. One bag will last you a life time :)
41rvSXpVmZL.jpg

I added ball bearing to mine awhile back - silly me forgot to ask for stainless steel ones - guess what happened ! Yup, nice rusty patches at the bottom of the bottles. They're now transferred and allocated to dots and daggers with my Chinese brushes. Now I use small 'decorator' pebbles instead.

Hi JackEb, yes they HAVE to be RUST FREE metal otherwise folks will get the same problem as you did.

I use BBs , take the ones for sniper they are little heavyer and shake the paint better. put 3 or 4 in the bottle and it works great.
make shore they are plastic ones ,not the biodegradable ones. One bag will last you a life time :)
View attachment 21492

Sitni, these look very good, nice find. I wouldn't know where to buy them so as long as I have no problems with the Rust Free M4's I'll stick to those. I like the idea of putting more in the bottle especially for the Opaques :)

Cheers Mel

I am a member of an airsoft club so we shoot thousands of these :)

Back