To HP-CH or not?

I don't think you'll regret it. I reduced the trigger slightly by trimming off about one full coil spring the spring(read about it in another thread). I did buy a backup spring before doing it...just in case. It also helps to have needle juice or super lube, it may not necessarily be the spring tension, but friction. Between there being no lube in the brush and no lube on the needle at the packing screw, it will feel stiff.
I use my CH a lot more than my Krome. I love both of them, but I have been practicing a lot with my Iwata, so I have stuck with it.
I can pull about the same detail with both. I do like the easy removal of the needle cap on the Iwata, I always feel like i am going to bang the tip on the Krome when I keep the needle exposed in the my airbrush holder(paranoia I guess).

First thing I did after opening it was tear it down and lube. Lube is good, so this with any new brush, i happen to use Pasche lube because I got it free with an order.

I will probably get a spring before any changes are made. Might call coast to see if theres a softer one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Before doing anything to the spring, adjust the spring adjuster. If it is still to hard, then cut the spring. I have my Eclipse very close to my Micron by just doing that.

Thanks Andre, I have considered that, I think I will use it for a bit first, and I will get new springs before I cut any , knowing I will screw it up at least once.

It seems every model has a different spring, any ideas if maybe a micron trigger spring is softer, or maybe one of the others? If I am going to order a spring I might as get a softer one. A softer air valve spring would be nice too.

Last night I set up the hp-ch and my Krome. Put the same paint mix in each, set the pressure a similar as I can by feel, and both sprayed equally as nice, with tight lines. At the lower pressures the hp-ch didn't feel like I had to pull back as far as the Krome. The Krome also has a tendency to kind of whistle, just a quirk. The weight in hand is very similar to the Krome but it's a tad shorter. The trigger/ cup relationship is similarly set up distance wise.

Definitely feel the air valve spring is a bit too stiff, maybe removing the piston and adding a drop of lube in there would help. Might have to search around home for different springs that may fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Andre, I have considered that, I think I will use it for a bit first, and I will get new springs before I cut any , knowing I will screw it up at least once.

It seems every model has a different spring, any ideas if maybe a micron trigger spring is softer, or maybe one of the others? If I am going to order a spring I might as get a softer one. A softer air valve spring would be nice too.

Last night I set up the hp-ch and my Krome. Put the same paint mix in each, set the pressure a similar as I can by feel, and both sprayed equally as nice, with tight lines. At the lower pressures the hp-ch didn't feel like I had to pull back as far as the Krome. The Krome also has a tendency to kind of whistle, just a quirk. The weight in hand is very similar to the Krome but it's a tad shorter. The trigger/ cup relationship is similarly set up distance wise.

Definitely feel the air valve spring is a bit too stiff, maybe removing the piston and adding a drop of lube in there would help. Might have to search around home for different springs that may fit.

I don't know why a person would want to swop a Micron's needle spring. The adjuster can move so far out that you actually have a floppy trigger.

The Iwatas do have a "on-off" trigger feel unlike the Badgers with their smooth triggers. To solve this people do replace the the spring with a softer springs or trim the stock one.

I might not want to swap a microns spring, I have a high line , just wondering if the microns spring will fit and if its softer than the high line. Just thinking random randomly here .

After a few uses , I can see this and the Krome competing for useage time, not much difference in the 2. I can pull some very small lines even with the .3, possibly at lower pressure than the Krome, which might help with tight detail. Just feels easier to pull lines at low pressure( sub 10 psi i think) than the Krome. I also feel that I get better air control with the MAC valve than the hose mounted ones I have.

I find myself resting my middle finger on the MAC valve which seems to give me more control of the brush. Softened the springs a bit and now its a smooth as the Krome. Really liking this brush. It will be nice to have confidence with another brush that feels so easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just a tip, I have not tried it, but have heard good things about it.

foxystudio.com/product/zsolts-soft-spring-for-iwata/

Just a tip, I have not tried it, but have heard good things about it.

foxystudio.com/product/zsolts-soft-spring-for-iwata/

Thanks and welcome Bosse. A lot of us have those springs already. I have them in all my guns and a few more on the way for some other members as well.

Thank you, I'm new to airbrushing and so far just used eBay 15-20$ brush, awaits a bonus from work now In march and will order a HP-CH and start to get more seriously about it.

iPhone through Tapatalk.

I too own a converted hp-ch. When I bought it, the air valve spring was very stiff. Not sure if some of you have this problem. So I installed a eclipse valve spring. It's a lot softer compared to the hp-ch spring.

Back