To HP-CH or not?

W

wmlepage

So having found a great deal on an hp-ch , I have decided to consider purchasing it. I have all Badgers at this point, 2 of them have a .21 nozzle, I also have 2 patriots one of which has a .3 nozzle, and toss Ina stock anthem I hardly use. So faithfully a badger fan. I still find myself just wanting the hp-ch. how bad will I kick myself if I don't get it?

the ch is nice I have one I did a conversion to the .2 nozzle air cap and needle on mine great AB my suggestion would be get a g-mac with a quick connect and get an hp-c+ instead save some money and all your ab's can take advantage of the mac valve.
So having found a great deal on an hp-ch , I have decided to consider purchasing it. I have all Badgers at this point, 2 of them have a .21 nozzle, I also have 2 patriots one of which has a .3 nozzle, and toss Ina stock anthem I hardly use. So faithfully a badger fan. I still find myself just wanting the hp-ch. how bad will I kick myself if I don't get it?

SA I already have qd's on my hoses, and 2 have a Mac valve, will it spray any different than an hp-c+ though? I also like the fact that it says the nozzle threads are larger. The site I found at it also actually has the hp-c+ listed higher. Weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You will not really be kicking your self if you pass it up. But you can switch the head set up from the CH to the AH and have a .2 But reality of it you already have that in the Badger airbrushes you own.
Do not get me wrong I love all my IWATA's But parts cost more than they do for the Badger. I never thought I would see the day I was telling someone not to go IWATA. But in this day and age unless you have a really good day job , Money is tight.
Like Badger the higher end airbrushes are not sold in your local Michael's or Hobby Lobby's so you would have to order parts for them from Coast Airbrush or like places .
So in my opinion It will make a great piece in your collection But you may find you hardly use it over your Badgers..

Ideally before I buy a brush like this I would love to try one. That not being an option, I may just keep an eye on it, then in a day or so if still available, I may go for it. Just gave my Krome a good cleaning, now it's spraying nice again, still don't have much time to use them right now. Figure if I'm working 7 days a week, might as well treat myself before all the overtime backs off.

Yes parts are not cheap, better than a Micron though, and it looks like the ch and c+ have the same parts.

Ideally before I buy a brush like this I would love to try one. That not being an option, I may just keep an eye on it, then in a day or so if still available, I may go for it. Just gave my Krome a good cleaning, now it's spraying nice again, still don't have much time to use them right now. Figure if I'm working 7 days a week, might as well treat myself before all the overtime backs off.

Yes parts are not cheap, better than a Micron though, and it looks like the ch and c+ have the same parts.

Well if your working your fingers to the bone ,, I say by god treat yourself than ,

I have . Recently got a silhouette cameo, paints, vinyl, a LVLP spray gun, and some other assorted stuff. It's either an hp-ch I don't really need or a quiet compressor I don't really need.

So I decided to go for it. Now all I have to do is wait.

Bright side of waiting on an IWATA , I have never seen any of the models on back order...LMAO:D

Hmmm may have a convert after all:D Next you will want to buy the MICRON!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about that. Maybe. Might have to wait a bit. A class first would be nice. Maybe more brush time so I don't ruin a machine like that.

I don't know about that. Maybe. Might have to wait a bit. A class first would be nice. Maybe more brush time so I don't ruin a machine like that.

Trust me is I can not destroy it I think you will be safe.
I will say getting the micron with the control I get form it has upped my game (some) I still suck but now just not as bad..LMAO

Trust me is I can not destroy it I think you will be safe.
I will say getting the micron with the control I get form it has upped my game (some) I still suck but now just not as bad..LMAO

Herb, if you suck then I am Dooooooooooooooomed........Lol! Maybe one day I will reach your level of suckyness LOL!

Herb, if you suck then I am Dooooooooooooooomed........Lol! Maybe one day I will reach your level of suckyness LOL!

Well you figure the little Christmas competition Josh held only 3 entered I was last... :D

My hp-ch came in the mail today , right before leaving for work, so i gotta go home tonight and try it out.

She's a heft bugger, and the trigger is a bit stiff, other than that the for and finnish are great.

questions:

is there a netter spring option?

is it worth it do so the taller trigger from the cm-c?

I am not thinking full on poor mans micron, just better trigger feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks SA, at this time thinking of staying stock, i already have a Krome and a Spirit. You never know though. If I like it more, i can do the swap later, and swap the Krome or Spirit to .3 that came with the Krome.

I never thought I would see the day I was telling someone not to go IWATA

I'm saving that one for future reference m8 LOL..Really though Iwatwa are a great brush but I do wonder at times why some peeps just keep on buying guns..If moneys a bit tight I'd suggest to anyone that owns a good brand gun already to just use that LOL. Once ya get to a certain point and have the confidence, a new gun isn't really needed imo, 12 odd years in and I'm still using the same guns I pretty much bought when getting into the artform and still to this day I learn something new about them on each use. One was for courser stuff ie had a bigger needle and one is for finer stuff so I don't have to change out needles and such for each need. Beyond that I don't really need anything else...I'd rather invest my money into different or better paints as ultimately I see a good paint as the major hurdle for most and paint itself has a year or so learning curve before you really start getting the best out of it..i'd say save ya money and use what ya have :)

Rebel now where were you a few days ago? Before I spent the money? J/k.

Believe me I mulled it over for a while. Just decided it was what was right in my head. I had the same type of thoughts and correct conclusions years ago when playing competitive paintball. Sometimes you just have to go with a gut feeling.

I guess that is why I only have the two IWATA's and not hte army of airbrushes some have (Josh) not to mention names here...LMAO

But I did order a Krome and when and if it comes in I will write up my views comparing it to the Micron and Eclipse CS. being it is suppose to come with the ultra fine and fine set up.
But I look at it this way 90% of the money I spent this year was Paint:D

Rebel now where were you a few days ago? Before I spent the money? J/k.

Believe me I mulled it over for a while. Just decided it was what was right in my head. I had the same type of thoughts and correct conclusions years ago when playing competitive paintball. Sometimes you just have to go with a gut feeling.

I don't think you'll regret it. I reduced the trigger slightly by trimming off about one full coil spring the spring(read about it in another thread). I did buy a backup spring before doing it...just in case. It also helps to have needle juice or super lube, it may not necessarily be the spring tension, but friction. Between there being no lube in the brush and no lube on the needle at the packing screw, it will feel stiff.
I use my CH a lot more than my Krome. I love both of them, but I have been practicing a lot with my Iwata, so I have stuck with it.
I can pull about the same detail with both. I do like the easy removal of the needle cap on the Iwata, I always feel like i am going to bang the tip on the Krome when I keep the needle exposed in the my airbrush holder(paranoia I guess).

Back