Tonyck

Thankyou donec for your deep in the heart of Texas welcome. Yes! I am receiving terrific help by the wonderful
members.
Tony

Thankyou White Knight from Canada. I run with a Canadian husband and wife team who are on teacher exchange,
what lovely people.
Tony

Hi bad65, thanks for your welcome. We are absolutely international and it is great to receive such welcomes.
Tonyck

Tony, i'm not sure that the paints you are using are made especially for AB'ing so just as a test, use some ink and have a go on some paper.
Are you using paints formulated for AB or are they just general acrylics that you are thinning down ? See how the ink goes if you can. We can tell then if your brushes are working ok as ink will flow through anything.
I know that some people here use tubed artist acrylics without any problem but they would have to pipe up as to how they get them to work. I haven't a clue as I always use AB paint OH apart from a tester pot of dulux emulsion from the hardware shop. You have to water it down a lot but i got it to work through my 0.3 brush.
Not sure about the tamiya stuff, only ever brushed it on with a hairy stick. I vaguely recall that they can be airbrushed but might have to be thinned with a tamiya thinner or reducer. I have no experience of them unfortunately. Hopefully one of the great members on here has used them with success.

This info probably wont help but i was just thinking about it and thought i'd post it up as a bit more information.

Lee

Thanks Patch, it is great to belong to the family. At the moment still doing a lot of exercises. Dots, lines etc. I am
determined I will become proficient.
Tony

Tonyck asking for help again have been looking on ebay for portable compressors and there is one advertised AS 186 does anyone know if this is worth buying or not. The price is around $120 or does anyone have any other suggestions, i am reading one needs one with a tank.

Tonyck asking for help again have been looking on ebay for portable compressors and there is one advertised AS 186 does anyone know if this is worth buying or not. The price is around $120 or does anyone have any other suggestions, i am reading one needs one with a tank.

Hi Tony, it should do you to start off but I have never had one myself. I have heard that they are not too reliable (long term) as others but i'm sure that there's someone out there that has one that's lasted forever. They are not silent but are very quiet though so that's a bonus. I hope there's someone on here that has one who can give yo a true review on how they perform.

Lee

Hi lee thanks again for your help, may be i shall have some more replies. i have a portable one at present with no air tank so it is not very effective and i also have a large compressor which is very loud and i have installed this a distance away from where i am practising, but i do not have any control over the air output, but it seems to working okay. i need a portable one to take caravaning which we do one week every month. Tony

Back