Totally New to Airbrushing

Drew Weininger

Young Tutorling
I bought my first airbrush online and just got it today in the mail. Totally new to all of this. Hopped on here to gain insight and ask questions. Just wanted to say hello first.

Thanks.

-D

Yeah, I need something more to do during covid. lol.

I'm a graphic designer by trade and tired of sitting and staring at a screen all day and working with a mouse. So I'm branching out.

Welcome from Australia Drew.
if you have a graphic design background then you're already ahead of many that picked up an airbrush :)
where about on this big old globe to you call home ? we may be able to steer you towards some local suppliers.

Do you intend on painting on textiles or hard surfaces ?
what brush did you get, do you have any paint (the choice will depend on your proposed application )

Thanks Guys. I call Los Angeles home, Burbank specifically. Yeah, if you can recommend some local suppliers that would be great. I was thinking about heading to Coast Airbrush tomorrow or over the weekend but that's about 45 minutes away. If there is someone more local that would be good to know.

I'm going to be painting on wood mainly, a have a solid body guitar that I thought would be a fun project to fix up. It's old and beat up. Nothing fancy. I was going to run with Wicked Paint but I'm open to anything. I liked that they have a variety of things like pearls, metals and such.

Jealous. Would like to go there.

Me too, just to go into a shop that just for airbrushing and of course to see all the wonderous stuff they sell. We got very little over here.

Welcome to the forum, I must have missed your intro so I'm here now. Enjoy your stay.

Lee

Back