Toxic Createx opaque or transparent ??

Fragglerock

Young Tutorling
Hello,
I would like to have your opinion if the opaque or transparent cratex paints are toxic for health?
I see a lot of videos, even in schools that don't wear a mask ...
Should we wear one with water-based paints ??
If so what kind of mask? Or is this only for solvent based paints ??
Thank you for your feedback because health above all ...

The only thing you should breath in is fresh air.
Waterborne paints are less toxic than solvents, if you have an excellent exhaust/ventilation system like a spray booth and you are spraying at 10/15 psi then you may not need a half face respirator but a mask (eg RZ mask) is recommended.
Artists on you-tube don’t wear a mask because it makes them hard to hear. There’s a good chance they wear one when not on camera .

I agree with Jackie , fresh air only.. things they say are safe now only to find out in ten years they were nasty. I have a friend who spray paints commercial aircraft and he was contracted to do a panel for a Black Hawke Helo (Australian Defence Force) and he asked for MSDS sheets on the product that he was using as it was supplied to him with the panel and they said no it was secret squirrel excrement, so he told them to shove it up there @#$ ... you just never know so to err on the side of caution is best practise i would say :) peace

Back