Transferring Paint

otpowell

Double Actioner
What works good for transferring 2k clear into a mixing cup with minimal waste and spill? I was thinking about a glass turkey baster. Maybe there is no mess free way to do it.

I just use a large mouth paint funnel ,I may waste a couple of drops but that is about it.

Hi Herb! Are you talking about the paint funnels with the nylon type screen at the bottom? Do you run your clear through a filter or is it not needed for clear?

Hi Herb! Are you talking about the paint funnels with the nylon type screen at the bottom? Do you run your clear through a filter or is it not needed for clear?

I run all my paint through a filter. Just because it is clear does not mean you will not find a clump in it...

And yes you do ask a lot of question because you want to learn.. Nothing wrong with that and others are learning right a long with you.

Lol.. I frustrate a lot of people at meeting at work because I ask a lot of questions and most the time they don't have an answer. Lol Thanks for being so nice and providing me with a lot of knowledgeable answers.

Got some HOK flake today and some dry pearl! I need some chartreuse neon and some euro red base coat next! Been doing some gold flake stuff lately too!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363215406.616486.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363215434.207273.jpg

The flake, def not. I only run the sg100 and then I was going to try running the dry pearl through my AB. I called coast and he said I should be able to get the dry pearl through my CS as long as I don't put too much dry pearl in the sg100 or whatever i am mixing the pearl with. I have a 1.4 nozzle and a 2.0 nozzle spray gun for the flake and 2k clear.

The flake, def not. I only run the sg100 and then I was going to try running the dry pearl through my AB. I called coast and he said I should be able to get the dry pearl through my CS as long as I don't put too much dry pearl in the sg100 or whatever i am mixing the pearl with. I have a 1.4 nozzle and a 2.0 nozzle spray gun for the flake and 2k clear.

I see asking all those questions has paid off for you . I am glad to hear that and I know the folks at coast airbrush have more answers then me being I learned a lot form long talks with them.

I see asking all those questions has paid off for you . I am glad to hear that and I know the folks at coast airbrush have more answers then me being I learned a lot form long talks with them.

I'm getting there! Asking questions, practice, airbrush tutor worksheets, and airbrush tv videos, are helping me get there.. I've also been studying art in general and portrait drawing. Airbrush tv has a great video I am currently watching kinda like the airbrush worksheets with drills.. Some cool drills they have on the "mastering the airbrush" video.. I would of probably never known to give coast a call if it wasn't for you. Thank you, and everyone else for all the help! Maybe I'll post some pics of the different drills ..

Back