Transitions or Shading

M

Mr. Magoo

Much of our artwork involves gradients of shading, transitions from light to dark. I have no trouble doing this with other mediums, but an airbrush? Whooee, now there's a challenge that I've tried again and again and come to realize I'm missing something about how its done.

Rather than explain directly, if anyone knows of a video in which this is explained/demonstrated, that would work. OTOH, if you're feeling vociferous, that'd be OK too? One thing I recognize that I din't do is use distance to achieve the effect. I kept a static distance in trying to make a gradient of shadow.

Check out the tutorial videos the Airbrush tutor has. Put that name into youtube or go to his web page. There are also files you can download with templates for practice. You have to be registered and logged in to see the files.

Not the best demo's but did these ones awhile back on the two basic gradient techniques (there is more)..just shouldn't have used black as it is hard with Whitebalance on the camera to see the black properly at time..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back