Transparent base pigment size -.- I'm guessing there is no pigments right? :D

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
So let me check my understanding of transparent base. It's a pigment without a pigment :D I mean color without a pigment :laugh: Oh, it's not a color. It is a carrier without a pigment right? lol Or is there pigments inside -.-

Soooooooooooooooo, the reason for this weird topic is I was thinking a little. The bigger pigment you need the bigger nozzle right?

So does trans base have pigments? I think not, but thank god I got you guys :)

I am asking this cause I would like to know if there is difference between createx classic trans base and createx wicked trans base concerning size of the stuff which is put inside of trans base.

Cause if there are smaller pigments which are not inside indeed smaller, then spraying should be easier with wicked transparent. ---------> I wonder how many second you guys will need for this sentence :laugh:

Trans base from wicked is more money, but does it sprays better then createx classic? I wonder.

Sry guys, but I couldn't explain/ask better, cause if I am not sure what is inside, how do I ask if it's bigger or smaller :rolleyes:

Maybe it's about thicker and thinner :whistling:

so Transparent Base has no pigment or pigment "carriers" in it - so thicker/thinner apply . Each line has there own "transparent base", it's the "base resin" mixture for that line of paint. The Classic Createx Colors base resins are more "flexible" when cured then the "wicked/AutoAir line"

so Transparent Base has no pigment or pigment "carriers" in it - so thicker/thinner apply . Each line has there own "transparent base", it's the "base resin" mixture for that line of paint. The Classic Createx Colors base resins are more "flexible" when cured then the "wicked/AutoAir line"
flexible is good for t-shirts right?

Yup, as Donna said it is paint without the pigment. So the resin carrier is different from on line to another. I have noticed there’s a difference in the viscosity between Wicked and Illustration trans base. It’s not a big difference, but supposedly the Wicked Trans would dry harder than the Illustration Trans. For T’s I would go Createx Colour Trans base.

So let me check my understanding of transparent base. It's a pigment without a pigment :D I mean color without a pigment :laugh: Oh, it's not a color. It is a carrier without a pigment right? lol Or is there pigments inside -.-

Soooooooooooooooo, the reason for this weird topic is I was thinking a little. The bigger pigment you need the bigger nozzle right?

So does trans base have pigments? I think not, but thank god I got you guys :)

I am asking this cause I would like to know if there is difference between createx classic trans base and createx wicked trans base concerning size of the stuff which is put inside of trans base.

Cause if there are smaller pigments which are not inside indeed smaller, then spraying should be easier with wicked transparent. ---------> I wonder how many second you guys will need for this sentence :laugh:

Trans base from wicked is more money, but does it sprays better then createx classic? I wonder.

Sry guys, but I couldn't explain/ask better, cause if I am not sure what is inside, how do I ask if it's bigger or smaller :rolleyes:

Maybe it's about thicker and thinner :whistling:

WELL just to confuse you FURTHER> Illustration base originally is actually a thinner and easier to spray transparent base for the createx line and has nothing to do with createx illustration transparent base. While it is no longer listed on their website it was available still not that long ago. I would imagine some suppliers still have old stock.

Yes there is no pigments in them, but the resin still may be a bit thicker.

Back