Transparent white???

D

Dart Vader

I posted my experiment in "Works In Progress & Finished Artworks" so that I may benefit from the critiques of forum members. I did receive excellent replies.
First attempted experiment in Biomech

One such reply was from Squishy:
...This is looking great, my only criticism is that I feel the white highlights look like white lines painted on, and I think would look more natural with a more gradually built up fade, although I appreciate there's not much room to work with...

I completely agree with Squishy"s observation. So the following questions popped into my normally dormant mind...
Would the use of a transparent white enable me to create a more "wet" look to the design?
Can a transparent white be achieved through adding more reducer than standard detail painting?
Or, if neither of those are the "better" answer, then is there a specific method to achieve that "wet" highlight appearance without making it look like painted on white lines?

I do realize that there are no hard/fast "rules" regarding types of colors and the methods in which they are used, but all suggestions will definitely be considered and greatly appreciated.
Thank you to everyone who replies.

Back