Transparents last layer

Diegojavbau

Air-Valve Autobot!
I'm interested in the last transparent layer to give life to the aitwork , as Mitch shown in the last Denisse video.

Based on "all the colors except white are transparents" and "we can make any color tranparent overreducing it" , can I make this "glazing" layer with regular acrilics ? I use some transparent and look more shiny than opaques

To achieve this effect should I reduce with extender or with a glossy waterbased clear instead of water ?

This technique is only use if we will not clear the artwork or in both cases ?

I'm interested in the last transparent layer to give life to the aitwork , as Mitch shown in the last Denisse video.

Based on "all the colors except white are transparents" and "we can make any color tranparent overreducing it" , can I make this "glazing" layer with regular acrilics ? I use some transparent and look more shiny than opaques

To achieve this effect should I reduce with extender or with a glossy waterbased clear instead of water ?

This technique is only use if we will not clear the artwork or in both cases ?

If I happen to not have the trans color I need I will use transparent base and mix the color into it than reduce .
This can be use cleared or not But if I do not like the look due to semi gloss , gloss and flat all trying to show up I will hit it with either a gloss clear or a flat clear to even the look of the painting , no matter what surface I paint it on.

Back