Traveling through time when I pull the trigger????

B

Bossman

I'm having a problem with time travel and my airbrush.

When I pull the trigger, I travel through time. I just got back from 1821. Before that was 90 A.D.

I've reduced the paint (Wicked with Higgs Boson Particles for less tip dry) at a 10:1 ratio. Is the ratio to high or to low?

This is getting old, and I need to get this project done. If you have any relatives in the last 2000 years you want me to say "hi" to, let me know. I may invest in Apple if I can figure this thing out.

All this [and your time travel!] will depend on the AIR pressure you're using.
If it's too low { and your paint too thin} it will cause splattering, which might look cool if you stop about 1973.
On the other hand if your paint is too thick, and the air too low, the reverse happens and you get a nice dapple effect [ about 1986 ] or so.
You gotta play with both to achieve a happy medium, as well as one you can work with.
Have a spare sheet of tissue, kitchen paper, printer paper or some such hanging on the side of your easel [or whatever you paint on,] so as you can make adjustments as you go.
Remember to spray onto this BEFORE going near your work.

As Splasha said and I'm playing with all my paints and all my guns now to see what goes for what. As I like working at very low pressure and 75% of my guns are 0.18 and below, I have to reduce the living daylights out of all the heavy pigmented paints like Wicked, Daler Rowney, Schminke (actually touching the 20:1 mark), and Lukas.

I think the condition of your air can also be part of the problem, when I'm airbrushing in periods of high atmospheric pressure and relative humidity, I can actually smell a fart that I know I left in a pub in the north of England 16 years agoo_O

@Madbrush Must of been an especially distinct fart? Sure its not ya breath blowing back in your face..LOLOL I have that issue sometimes and smells like bourban..

@Madbrush Must of been an especially distinct fart? Sure its not ya breath blowing back in your face..LOLOL I have that issue sometimes and smells like bourban..

No Rebel my breath smells like roses.

It was indeed a colossal ripper at the time, I suffer from a very rare disease known as acute rancid ring syndrome or "ARRS" for short, it's apparently incurable and the advice I got from doctors was to avoid spicy foods and don't accept sweets from strangers (something to do with the acid in boiled sweets I suppose), I had an operation to try to rectify the problem which worked fine but I still had to have it reversed because I could no longer handle the smell of rotting fish.

This was the reason I had to move to Holland, Holland as you know is famous for it's large selection of cheeses, wind mills and clogs, what is amazing is that most people don't why this is but I'll explain, out of the 4000 different cheeses available 3900 of these hide unwanted odours quite well, the windmills have nothing at all to do with electricity or water or grain as most think, these are in fact used to catch the fumes missed by the cheese and they waft them away, I won't go into why they all seem to be pointed toward the German border, that's a whole other story, now in the average Dutch pub you find they have very highly polished floors or even worse highly glazed tiles, the clogs are specially designed so that in the event of an untimely follow through after letting one rip, there is no chance of one slipping and falling over causing cranial damage and unconsciousness, no one actually cares if that happens, but obviously in that situation the poor victim isn't in the position to buy everyone a beer so the scenario must be avoided at all cost.

It's incredible how many people think the huge windmills at the side of the motorway are there to produce clean electricity, not so, they are there to convert any fumes that do manage to get through into methane as a cheap source of propulsion for people who either can't afford to buy or simply refuse to drive ugly little electric cars, they also keep the drivers cool in the government arranged traffic congestion compulsory on all motorways.

The Dutch are also famous for their innovative technology, they invented the first self cleaning toilet, out of necessity of course, and I'm sure you understand by now why that was, but nothing outweighs their forward thinking.

Holland is a great place to live, the mountain climbing is easy as hell and even I can do it on one leg, however emigrating here isn't easy, you have pass all kinds of tests and medicals, it was the ridiculously deep pockets and incredibly short arms I had that swung the vote in my favour.

Great footballers here too, Scotland was so sick of constantly being beaten by them they bought every one of them.

:):):):):):):):):)

I love the Dutch so much I had my first wife beheaded (quite legal in Scotland) so I could marry one :thumbsup:

I don't know where you come up with this stuff but keep it up and after i piss myself from rotflmao sickness I know I can aways come back for morelollollollollollollollollollollol

I don't know where you come up with this stuff but keep it up and after i piss myself from rotflmao sickness I know I can aways come back for morelollollollollollollollollollollol

Oh dear, please tell me I don't don't owe you a new computer screen, I'm sick to the back teeth replacing those, and I keep telling folks to keep, milk, coffee, tea, moonshine and cookies away form their computers, but no one listenso_O

No Rebel my breath smells like roses.

It was indeed a colossal ripper at the time, I suffer from a very rare disease known as acute rancid ring syndrome or "ARRS" for short, it's apparently incurable and the advice I got from doctors was to avoid spicy foods and don't accept sweets from strangers (something to do with the acid in boiled sweets I suppose), I had an operation to try to rectify the problem which worked fine but I still had to have it reversed because I could no longer handle the smell of rotting fish.

This was the reason I had to move to Holland, Holland as you know is famous for it's large selection of cheeses, wind mills and clogs, what is amazing is that most people don't why this is but I'll explain, out of the 4000 different cheeses available 3900 of these hide unwanted odours quite well, the windmills have nothing at all to do with electricity or water or grain as most think, these are in fact used to catch the fumes missed by the cheese and they waft them away, I won't go into why they all seem to be pointed toward the German border, that's a whole other story, now in the average Dutch pub you find they have very highly polished floors or even worse highly glazed tiles, the clogs are specially designed so that in the event of an untimely follow through after letting one rip, there is no chance of one slipping and falling over causing cranial damage and unconsciousness, no one actually cares if that happens, but obviously in that situation the poor victim isn't in the position to buy everyone a beer so the scenario must be avoided at all cost.

It's incredible how many people think the huge windmills at the side of the motorway are there to produce clean electricity, not so, they are there to convert any fumes that do manage to get through into methane as a cheap source of propulsion for people who either can't afford to buy or simply refuse to drive ugly little electric cars, they also keep the drivers cool in the government arranged traffic congestion compulsory on all motorways.

The Dutch are also famous for their innovative technology, they invented the first self cleaning toilet, out of necessity of course, and I'm sure you understand by now why that was, but nothing outweighs their forward thinking.

Holland is a great place to live, the mountain climbing is easy as hell and even I can do it on one leg, however emigrating here isn't easy, you have pass all kinds of tests and medicals, it was the ridiculously deep pockets and incredibly short arms I had that swung the vote in my favour.

Great footballers here too, Scotland was so sick of constantly being beaten by them they bought every one of them.

:):):):):):):):):)

I love the Dutch so much I had my first wife beheaded (quite legal in Scotland) so I could marry one :thumbsup:

The best part of this whole thing... I can picture my grandfather, getting ready to pass out in his chair, rambling on about the same thing! Thanks for the laugh. Maybe one of these days, I'll make it over to the country of my roots and finally figure out if all Scots are little out in left field, or just the small handful that I seem to have affecting my modern American sensibilities.

Oh dear, please tell me I don't don't owe you a new computer screen, I'm sick to the back teeth replacing those, and I keep telling folks to keep, milk, coffee, tea, moonshine and cookies away form their computers, but no one listenso_O
Naa the computers fine,and I thought West Virginia has good shine!!!

Back