Trident paint mixing help?

Do you buy your paints in Australia? Think I might buy a few bottles of each. The only thing that bothers me about the Createx is having to use reducers and retarders. I always buy too much and then have to bin it. Probably not kept in the best conditions either, in a shed in Queensland.
Yes, everything paint I buy is from Australia, to much hassle coming from OS!
For Etac paint contact Mick, the website can be a bit hit and miss but shoot him a text/email/call and he will bend over backwards
https://www.ozairbrush.com/

airbrushasylum for Trident paint as you’re probably already aware

airbrush megastore for createx/iwata... best prices around.

Do you buy your paints in Australia? Think I might buy a few bottles of each. The only thing that bothers me about the Createx is having to use reducers and retarders. I always buy too much and then have to bin it. Probably not kept in the best conditions either, in a shed in Queensland.
I did the same when I started. Got all enthusiastic, fill a C cup to the brim with paint/reducer etc etc only to have to dump most of it. You really only need 5 drops of each - set your PSI around 20, test spray on white paper (unless you’re using white paint of course) adjust paint/reducer until it’s atomising well and paint until your cup is empty, rinse and repeat :)
Etac is very friendly to newbies. Straight out of the bottle, water to clean up easy peasy. Smells nice, has wider range of colours that Trident

Thanks for the reply's guys. The colour chips are a good idea, I should start doing my own, and I am cheap :). I really like the Trident paint it seems to flow really well but I may look at another line. I am not having much luck with scratching techniques on Yupo paper, will give clayboard a try, it did work quite well on a piece of Dru Blair paper that I had though. Maybe just a paper change. I am OK at mixing colours, I just thought there would be a standard for those colours.
Trident is not really a good paint for scratching or erasing due to it is design foe automotive art on metals

I ended up getting quite a few when @Maple Art carried them. They are actually really good paints, but they were a bit more money and of course had the marketing skills of wombats because they made it very very difficult for @Maple Art to keep selling them, which she eventually dumped the line and now anyone in the US or Canada that wants them has to order direct from down under.

I ended up getting quite a few when @Maple Art carried them. They are actually really good paints, but they were a bit more money and of course had the marketing skills of wombats because they made it very very difficult for @Maple Art to keep selling them, which she eventually dumped the line and now anyone in the US or Canada that wants them has to order direct from down under.

It was exceptionally expensive to bring into Canada (shipping/tarriff/border fees) The only cost effective measure was a "slow boat from Australia" 4 months to receive a shipment... and longer if the ports were backed up (MONTHS longer)..... shipping via Air was was not an option, very expensive might as well buy first class seat on the plane for it!

Back