Trigger thing

S

snufkin

[video=youtube;GchdCReQjQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GchdCReQjQQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I uploaded this video. when I got the Iwata (3 months) the trigger was more stiff. I was considering to buy a new one but I want to ask before: do your trigger dance the same? does it has the same rotation freedom like in the video?
a second question. It bothers me that when I push it backward I can feel the fraction like it's not smooth. I don't like this feeling at all. is it a result of the loosening or the should I lube it once in a month/ week

Mine doesn't do that, and I've had it 2 years. Which Iwata do you have? If it's the Neo then it is made for Iwata, rather than by Iwata I beleive, so maybe the build/material quality isn't as good.

Ah, yes. I just saw on another post of yours that it is the hp-cs. That is the same brush I have, and I have never had any of the issues you seem to be having, you must be really frustrated. All I can say is that people who have these find them very reliable, the only thing I have had to do to mine is replace the nozzle, and that's because I damaged it myself cos I'm an idiot. Maybe yours is defective in some way, has it been giving you trouble from the start? If so, then maybe take it back to the place you got it from and get them to check it over and replace it if necessary. Or maybe contact Iwata or a distributor direct. I did this once with a Devilbiss DAGR that never worked properly from the day I had it, and the shop I bought it from found machine marks and other damage. I got a refund, and I'm sure Iwata would do the same, so could be worth a try if you can't sort out the problems.

do you want to see what frustration really is
well grab a bottle of popcorn and enjoy :)
[video=youtube;PTb6l7gE4YU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTb6l7gE4YU&feature=youtu.be[/video]
yes I am really frustrated.

Mine doesn't do that, and I've had it 2 years. Which Iwata do you have? If it's the Neo then it is made for Iwata, rather than by Iwata I beleive, so maybe the build/material quality isn't as good.
thank you very much
you just confirm what I suspected.

yeah but it happens everyday and I lubed it this month. it's like that because of moisture in the trigger's socket - My theory which I think it's true

I lube mine once a week might be overkill but its just what i do. Have you a blower for ur compressor give it a good blow out if it is moisture as you suspect

Ride the storm

Ok your problem isn't the trigger, your trigger guide isn't adjusted properly and its causing it to snag and not allow the needle to seat forward again. Unscrew the needle chuck and pull out your needle. Now the part with the spring in it is the guide and what puts tension on the trigger. This has to be screwed in all the way and make sure its touching the trigger when you have it at resting position. Install your needle again and make sure its all the way forward before tightening the chuck. What I do is lubricate the needle from the end of the taper to the back so it slides better. The part you screwed into the body with the spring IS adjustable but only to a certain point. Too tight and the trigger will stick like what's happening with you. Too loose and you have to pull the trigger halfway back before it even starts spraying. Tighten it up all the way then back it off a quarter turn and see if this doesn't fix your problem. All that does is adjust the tension.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I forgot to add that since you say you can feel the tension when you pull back and its grabbing and not smooth is a telltale sign its adjusted way too tightly. You may have to back it up more than a quarter turn. Jus keep adjusting it a little then pull the trigger back till it has the feel you want. Some airbrushes I will go a little tighter so can feel the control for very tight detail work and for general work I back it up a little more so its very smooth feeling and free flowing.

uploadfromtaptalk1396226842212.jpg

this is the spring tension adjuster.

uploadfromtaptalk1396226888215.jpg

be sure to lube the guide the spring slides over, if the spring doesn't smoothly go back and forth it will stick and cause the same problem. When you slide the chuck back over the spring, make sure it feels smooth when you push it against the spring. I figured pictures would help you out a little better

Thanks a lot. You made it tolerable with the pictures. You think 2 steps ahead ;). I will clean the airbrush , lube the needle and the spring which if i understood well is the thing on the second picture that still attached to the airbrush and also 1 drop behind the trigger. I hope it will work

do you want to see what frustration really is
well grab a bottle of popcorn and enjoy :)

yes I am really frustrated.
I have the exact same problem. Did you find a way to straighten it out?

I really hate this situation. My next airbrush will be a 20$ one so if something goes wrong I won't feel like someone ****ed me in the {}#|~|||~......

1st- my first two guesses would be that either the needle bearing is waaaaay too tight, or something is gumming it up. Over-lubing your airbrush could definitely do that. If you're using anything solvent-based for paint, that can cause the bearing to swell, too, but not typically to that extent on an HP-CS.

There should be no moisture in your trigger system at all. If it's paint leaking back, you definitely have a bad needle bearing. If it's lube, you need to use waaaaaaaay less.

I would tear it down, let it soak and clean it in Createx Restorer, then rinse it, and soak it in laq thinner, and rinse it again. Before you start reassembly, try running the needle through the body. If there is a lot of drag, the bearing is too tight. Take the needle out, get a small flathead, and seat it in the needle bearing screw (I'll try to post a pic if I find one). Turn the screw about 1/4 turn out (to the left), and recheck the needle. Keep adjusting it until it provides a slight drag on the needle.

As far as oiling, I don't oil any of my airbrushes at all. If the action is rough, I've polished pieces before, but no oil. There are a number of problems that come with oiling, depending on what oil you're using. The most obvious is risking the oil working into the air stream and contaminating the paint. A lot of oils also thicken with expose to air, so that nice, slick oil turns into a sticky mess. Related to that, oil tends to attract and hold all sorts of dirt and gunk, which makes it thicker and goopier.

If the needle bearing is damaged, you might need to replace it, but that's a pretty cheap part.

eclipseschematic.gif

14a and 14b are the parts you need to check, and possibly replace.

Looks the same as mine mate, the rings in the diagram 14 (a&b) are to hold the lever 23 on.
I would like to help you but all the things I know have been said already.
If the air keeps coming out after you have released it there is obviosly something making the plunger stick. My first reaction would be to to exercise it submerged in warm soapy water and then give a really good rinse in clean warm water. Don't forget to give it a good blow through with air first to dry it then use ordinary water through the brush instead of paint, Some say use distilled water But I'm just lazy I guess.
You do have a moisture trap fitted? if not that can cause problems ......

Back