Trying before I buy

Dizzy

Young Tutorling
I broke my first 0.3mm nozzle last night and the thought of buying a new brush, once aging, creeped up in my mind. At the moment I'm using a Violamart side feed AB that I was given as a gift last Christmas and for the most part it's done rather well. That is, as far as I can tell.

Any way, I was wondering if it usually possable to at least hold an AB before making a final purchase. Evefyone having different likes for triggers and so on, I'd hate to find what feels to good me on my third go.

How far away is your nearest retailer for AB gear? If it's anything like me I have to fly to the UK so it's really not worth it just to feel it in my hand first (though I would be like a kid in a sweet shop if I did go " I NEED THEM ALL") :glasses:
I trust the good word from the peeps here to point me to the right one! there probably isn't a brush that hasn't been used by someone here so if you can't get to try before you buy at least you can ask peoples opinion on a cirten brush and you will get a honest review on it. Any idea what brush takes your fancy so far?

Hmmm, I'm probably about 4 hours from my closest airbrush store and that's if I can find one in my capitol city (Perth, Western Australia).

For some reason I was leaning towards a Badger 105 Patriot. Probably the idea of not screwing in the nozzle haha. I have heard some great reviews about it although a number of people on the forums here don't like the double taper. Also, I've never used a double taper....

Go for the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS. It has the drop in nozzle you want and EVERYBODY that has one will tell you it is a great gun.

I like being able to see everything that I'm doing and don't know how much I'll need to change my habits.
Then again, I'm lazy and cleaning my current side feed takes longer then a regular gravity feed would.

I like being able to see everything that I'm doing and don't know how much I'll need to change my habits.
Then again, I'm lazy and cleaning my current side feed takes longer then a regular gravity feed would.
Ease of maintenance helps if your using the right paint. All my brushes are easy to clean, including side feeds. I only use ETAC EFX and Createx Illustration. Both of their binders are easily broken down with alcohol. A quick flush/backflush and your brush is clean.
My side feeds are not any more difficult to clean than any other brush.

I do not have ANY possibility to hold an AB in my hands before buying, I mean iwatas, as they aren't oficially imported here, though there are plenty of chinese which I'm interested in no longer.
So when I wanted to choose iwatas that are right for me, I started to buy them abroad, not having a clue what I'd got. So after a dozen of them have gone through my hands, I can say my preference is siphon system with the side or bottom feed.
All side feed iwatas feel the the same in my hand, but all of them perform differently from Eclipse to Micron. Every AB is great for its work. It depends on what detail or surface coverage you intend to do. You will not get such details with Eclipse as you can with Micron, but at the same time background filling with Micron can be a headache.

Back