undecided

U

undecided

as in most things i am undecided. I like to believe that it is not a failure to commit, but rather and open-mindedness...
.so i picked up an airbrush, found it on sale and bought it on a whim, thought i might use it. But so far nothing i have tried to do with it has worked out for me. I am, undecided, still trying to like it...

right now i would like to use it to airbrush a design on glass. i actually came up with the project as a means of justifying the airbrush.

I picked up some createx while in the city, and thought i was golden....but....i made a stencil (as my skills are greatly lacking) out of some adhsive vinyl and thought i was good, sprayed and then waited for it to dry a while so i would not smudge it. HOwever, when i pulled it off. the portions i meant to stay (letters) came right up too!!!!!!!!!

anyone have any experience with glass?
thanks

grrrr.....now i have to go clean out that darn gun, and all for nothing!

Acrylic airbrush paint won't stick very well to glass, as you now know. One shot enamel will stick to glass very well. You can brush it on or reduce it and spray it with the airbrush. Make sure you where a respirator if you spray it.

Acrylic airbrush paint won't stick very well to glass, as you now know. One shot enamel will stick to glass very well. You can brush it on or reduce it and spray it with the airbrush. Make sure you where a respirator if you spray it.

thank you for the reply, guess if i had thought that one through, I would have not chosen the acrylic....i was just going by what it said on the back of the bottle, and why they put glass on there i have NO idea. And i then did eventually find some instructions that said it needed to be heat set, so i broke out the heat gun...and ummmm that did nothing but make it nice and hot.....it still acted the same. I feel like a fool.

it doesn't sound like i have the appropriate set up for the One Shot Enamel, not to mention i would have to order it.
It's my dream to set up a spray booth area----but right now half the basement is woodworking tools and the other is storage and a climbing wall.

Back