Used paint bottles

Joe T

Mac-Valve Maestro!
so, with paint bottles that are empty, do you all clean them up somehow and re-use the bottle for anything? I see where they would come in handy for mixing etc. I have a fe createx paint bottles that are now empty as well as com art. I really like the com art twisty bottle tops.

Thanks all
Joe

I toss everything away, so I can support small Createx business.

Jokes aside. I clean and reuse them. After my bottle is empty I put it in a cutted plastic bottle filled with water. When I am feeling I am up for a cleaning I will clean them. You can see my bottles on left side. I also reuse droppers which I think people don't do, at least I didn't ready anywhere about it. So I mainly working with primaries and black and white I mix my own colors and I have a dropper for each color. And I have a cutted plastic boottle filled with water for each dropper.
So in practise looks like this: when I need 10 drops of red I take red dropper out of red bottle, put all water outside of dropper in to the bottle for that dropper and clean it with paper towel. Then I put 10 drops of color in to my bottle and I put that dropper back to the cutted bottle for red color. I also have separate droppers which I reuse for stuff like reducer and few other stuff which I attach to the coresponding bottle.

The whole setup looks ugly, but...
I do it for 2 reasons. One is I spend less money and the biggest one is I don't leave so big plastic print if I reuse those stuff and I do something for our planet which is screwed already cause of plastic... I also use backpack when I go to store and I don't take plastic bags. I have few reusable cotton bags which I airbrushed for my self. I am going to the store with batman cotton shopping bag :)

Picture of my ugly setup:
WP_20180407_001.jpg

you all mixing too much paint or you all are painting house LOL.
But depending on how clean I can get what few empty bottles I have I will use them for custom colors so if I have to stop on a painting in the middle I do not have to try to remix the color.

But Herb! Mixing paint is so much fun! And when I open my jar drawer and see all those pretty little bottles just waiting to hold my hideous color mixes, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yes, I have a bottle fetish...

I have cleaned a couple of bottles out to use the twist tops for pouring reducer. I don’t like the Createx flip tops, so I too the smaller bottles up and use them. I have two glass droppers that I use depending on what paint or what bottle the paint comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See I’m a little tight lol. I bought a couple glass ones and clean them out to reuse LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get 100 of them from TCP Global for about the same price... and cool little mixing cups too!

Back