Using createx transparent on a helmet?

P

Pimpin gimp

I'm going to paint my wife's hockey helmet shortly, I've painted it previously using ppg base and 2k clear, and this time it's going to be white with a pink splat.
Im going t scuff it back and use autoair sealer, then a pearl white which is (I think) a wicked product.
The pink splat I was wondering if i could use createx transparent as I have some flamingo pink in the garage. Will it be any good to use on a non porous surface?
Otherwise I'll get some autoair or wicked pink, would just be nice not to buy more stuff!
It will be cleared over once finished with 2k for protection.

I have had some bad experiences with the regular createx on plastic surfaces when clearing them. I would get some wicked or something meant for that application, but that's just me.

There is just something about the phrase "my WIFE'S hockey helmet" that shocked me, lol!! Not something you hear everyday, lol!!

Josh

I'm not sure that the createx is lightfast, and I think will probably fade. So again, as Seamonkey suggested would go for Wicked, or similar.

nope that is one problem with Createx it is not colorfast and does fade even with a uv clear coat.
WICKED (by createx) is the way to go.

I'll go with the wicked then, cheers chaps.

And the wife plays field hockey here in the UK, and for a pretty small 5'6" lady makes a very good goal keeper!

I have used wicked for my brothers helmet so I recommend it , dont forget to clear coat it :)

Better late than never, I bought some wicked paint last night.
Now, how are we for masking over it?

The helmet will be pearl white with various black & pearl pink stars and patterns. Presume as long as the white base I'm using is scotchbrighted properly and the wicked is dried I can just use my vinyl masks & 3m fineline tape?

Oh, and yes it will be cleared over when its done.

Better late than never, I bought some wicked paint last night.
Now, how are we for masking over it?

The helmet will be pearl white with various black & pearl pink stars and patterns. Presume as long as the white base I'm using is scotchbrighted properly and the wicked is dried I can just use my vinyl masks & 3m fineline tape?

Oh, and yes it will be cleared over when its done.

Wicked is pretty tough, if u mask over it i always tend to use intercoat clear because of screwing up hours of work with other paints but for easy projects i masked on wicked it held up. If ur afraid than just shoot a lil intercoat.

If u don't use intercoat then be sure to let it dry for a good time that its harden enhough to hold.

Back