Using fine film frisked for airbrushing and paper grade

P

Peter1985

Hey guys I've just tried using fine film frisket for airbrushing. So after a long process of tracing and drawing up I layer a sheet of frisket on just normal A3 paper. After gently cutting into the frisket I noticed this just might work. After trying to pull up a layer slowly and carefully I noticed the frisket started to tear the top layer of paper of. Extremely disappointed. So after researching paper grades and paints I was wondering if I would have more success using canon water color paper. I am using wicked paint. After researching a little bit I noticed wicked waterbased paints would work better on this grade of paper my only concern is using frisket again. Has any one had issues using frisket and what would be the best paper to use wicked paints as I have noticed wicked paints wrinkle normal paper really quickly

Your question should be "has anyone not had issues with it?" Get yourself some heavy duty duct tape, that won't work either but at least the result won't come as a shock;)

Most who use frisket de-tac it on their clothes, I de-tacked it on the neighbors dog but decided to leave there and rely instead on my free hand skills, the dog's yelps were soul destroying:eek:

Your question should be "has anyone not had issues with it?" Get yourself some heavy duty duct tape, that won't work either but at least the result won't come as a shock;)

Most who use frisket de-tac it on their clothes, I de-tacked it on the neighbors dog but decided to leave there and rely instead on my free hand skills, the dog's yelps were soul destroying:eek:

He's back lol. hows the form mad man

Cracked me up :)

lol thats awesome

And explaining the dogs bald spots were um... awkward...

Hey so does heavy duct tape work? That its cheaper than frisket!! I'll use a small child for de-tacking... or perhaps someone who wants waxing will pay me for the service...

Frisket is fantastic on metal but on weaker substrates like paper the adhesion can be too much for it and it will tear away as you've described.

I use it on Illastration board but I seal the board first with clear acrillic spray out of a can

Hey guys I've just tried using fine film frisket for airbrushing. So after a long process of tracing and drawing up I layer a sheet of frisket on just normal A3 paper. After gently cutting into the frisket I noticed this just might work. After trying to pull up a layer slowly and carefully I noticed the frisket started to tear the top layer of paper of. Extremely disappointed. So after researching paper grades and paints I was wondering if I would have more success using canon water color paper. I am using wicked paint. After researching a little bit I noticed wicked waterbased paints would work better on this grade of paper my only concern is using frisket again. Has any one had issues using frisket and what would be the best paper to use wicked paints as I have noticed wicked paints wrinkle normal paper really quickly
I can only comment on helmet painting. I use masking film with no problems at all./ But you MUST spray some acrylic clear on first or when you peel off your film all the glue will stay on your helmet. Warning!. Don`t go there!.

He's back lol. hows the form mad man

Doing fine mate, Assassins Creed Syndicate is now finished and all trophies have been earned giving me the rank of "Master Assassin" so since I have nothing better to do I'm back keeping all buggers in check:thumbsup:

Many moons ago that was the way I was taught to use frisket. You use it on plain copy paper and if you do not damage the paper, you are doing it right. We also had to be able to cut paper application tape that was used as frisket on vinyl banners without going too deep.

Back