vallejo premium and revell enamel paint

zokizo33

Double Actioner
Hi guys
i use these two colors, what is ratio to mix these colors with thinner?

this vallejo premium is water based if i thin with water i have dry tip in minute
can i thin water based color with enamel thinner?
i ask becouse i have enamel thinner and with enamel color works really great and i dont have any problem with dry tip or anything else

I would not use an enamel thinner to thin a water based paint.
I would suggest either water which you have already tried or the proper Vallejo thinner.
You could also try thinners from other water based paints although I do not know how they will react, that will be a trial end error situation.
I made some thinners a long time ago from 80% distilled water 20% IPA alcohol mixed in a 4oz /120ml bottle and I added 4 drops of glycerine to help with tip dry. It worked really well with AutoAir and Spectra-Tex paints but haven't used it for a very long time as I use the thinner made for the paint system I'm using unless its just water that's needed.

Hope this helps a bit

lee

This is Vallejo Premium sepia that I shot through a Micron. Reduction is about 10 water to 1 paint and pressure was about 15psi. Except for E'tac, tip dry was nothing more than what I've experienced with any other acrylic airbrush paints.

bfcec8d637edb0236ca341fe36b98003.jpg

i already tryed enamel thiner and that doesnt work, also i try water but no 10:1
i tryed 1:1 and paint doesnt come out until i put triger on half and even then this is not good i set 20psi compressor
i wil try make my own thinner like jord says and also try 10 drops water and one drop paint
thank a lot guys greetings from Croatia

i already tryed enamel thiner and that doesnt work, also i try water but no 10:1
i tryed 1:1 and paint doesnt come out until i put triger on half and even then this is not good i set 20psi compressor
i wil try make my own thinner like jord says and also try 10 drops water and one drop paint
thank a lot guys greetings from Croatia

You set the compressor and or mac valve to the pressure you want to work at. You then stat thinning until the paint starts flowing the way you want it to. Remember that the thinner you make the paint, the less it will cover and will need more layers. And the risk of runs/spidering increases.

The labels on the paints describe perfect lab conditions with brand new paints, perfect temperature and humidity. It is not like that in the real world.

for now i practice mix colors, i drawing on paper with airbrush i need to learn airbrushing because it is not same like hand drawing

for now i practice mix colors, i drawing on paper with airbrush i need to learn airbrushing because it is not same like hand drawing

If you want to draw with an airbrush the way you draw with a pencil you're in for a very long learning time. Very few people can do it. Most work with a pencil or tracing sketch first and then just colour it in with an airbrush. Having the same control with an airbrush as with a pencil is a very daunting task.

i make my own thinner
IPA, glycerine and distillated water
works fine with vallejo premium colors

thanks guys

Back