Vega 2000 stuck needle.

J

jgny1

I was wondering if anyone has had this happen before. I have a vega 2000 AB and I clean it every time I use it. Remove paint jar clean the opening in the bottom with water and q-tips. Run water through the brush then I run windex through the brush, backflush with the windex then get rid of the remaining cleaner in the jar I use. then I put fresh windex in and run more through the brush, then backflush again. Then I clean the jar out and put water again and run the water through. Then I am done cleaning. I used my AB a few times a week for the last couple weeks and it seems to work fine. Trigger nice and easy etc. Yesterday I thought let me pull the needle and just give it a wipe down before I even started painting. I loosen the needle chuck and the needle will not budge. I remove the needle chuck and still the needle will not budge. I was wondering what could cause this?

The needle is currently out of the brush but I do not want to say that story. But I will say it was not easy to get out and I need to order a new needle now since mine looks similar to the letter "S" which sucks but... So I want to do whatever I can to avoid this in the future.

It sounds like the tip of the needle got bent in the nozzle. Could it have suufered a knock after you last used it?
I would also examine the nozzle with a magnifying glass to see if the end is damaged after you pulled the needle through!

There was no bend in the needle and the nozzle looks good I took it apart. If I did not attempt to take the needle out the brush would have functioned just fine I believe.

I think that you would have to leave in submerged in airbrush cleaner some time before trying the "rough" way

I bent the needle on my CSA Micron knock off just two days after getting it while using it with the air cap removed. I should have known better but by the time i got the needle out it was 'S' shaped. I did damage the nozzle though but managed to get away with straighting the needle between two bits of super smooth metal. It got may away temporarily until new needle and nozzle turned up from the peoples republic!
Not sure what caused your problem though ... but sometimes you literally have to examine the end if the needle with a microscope just to see you have right angled the tip!

I think that you would have to leave in submerged in airbrush cleaner some time before trying the "rough" way
That may have worked, unfortunately I went the "rough way" to quick and the needle is to the point of no return now. Nothing that I would be able to straighten.

When it happens to me, I pull back on the trigger as though i'm spraying and then loosen the needle chuck.!!

I have had this happen usually grab some pliers give it a little tun then pull it out not saying this is the right way but it has worked for me and is usually due to paint I missed in the nozzle. Used to happen more with uro's than with water base

I have had this happen usually grab some pliers give it a little tun then pull it out not saying this is the right way but it has worked for me and is usually due to paint I missed in the nozzle. Used to happen more with uro's than with water base

That was my problem is I broke out the pliers :dejection: and it went bad from there.

jgny1, I have to ask if once you got the needle out you noticed any type of residue on it? The Vega has no inner teflon seal, so in its design the tolerance between the needle and the hole through the airbrush generally form a seal on thier own. The concern with this is that the paint itself usually assist with the seal because of its visocisty prohibiting it from passing between the needle and the body. If after cleaning there was still any amount, even a small amount of residual paint between the needle and the body, it may have dried and bound up the needle. The lube is not a bad idea, but another idea to safegurad against this recurring again would be to wait to re-insert the needle so everything can air dry first. shoot me an email, kenbadger@aol.com, and I'll tell you how to straighten that needle - no matter how bent it is.

Back